Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

86 hour computer game binge lead to....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SMUGGLER RSH, Oct 10, 2002.

1. SMUGGLER RSH

SMUGGLER RSH Guest

Korean man dies after computer games binge
    Seoul
    October 10 2002

A 24-year-old South Korean man died after playing computer games nonstop for 86 hours, police said yesterday.

The jobless man, identified by police only by his last name Kim, was found dead on Tuesday at an Internet cafe in Kwangju, 260 kilometres southwest of Seoul, they said.

Quoting witnesses, police detective Oh Myong-sik in Kwangju said the man had been virtually glued to the computer since late last Friday and had no decent sleep and meals.

The man collapsed in front of the counter early yesterday but soon regained consciousness. He then went to the toilet where he later was found dead, the police officer said.

Initial investigation ruled out the possibility of murder, police said. An autopsy was planned.

South Korea is among the world's most Internet-savvy nations with more than half of its 47 million people having access to the Internet. South Korea has some 22,000 Internet cafes, also known as PC rooms.

Many PC rooms are open 24 hours, but no minors are allowed after 10 pm.

AP

Stolen from: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/10/...4061292187.html

2. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

first
    that sucks

3. EatMorGlue

EatMorGlue Senior Member

4. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

12oz claims another soul...

5. SMUGGLER RSH

SMUGGLER RSH Guest

That is who Makros was....a 24 Year old South Korean Gothic obssesd 12oz aholic

6. socrates

socrates Guest

I thought it was funny his name was KIM, I wonder how many million there are there.

7. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

thats pretty funny, but a lesson to be taught.."computers can kill you"

8. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

i bet i can do 90 without dying.

ah the wonders of not having a job. i get to explore things like 90 hours straight of 12oz.

9. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar Member

that would be a horrible way to die.

10. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

my mom wasnt kiddin when she said quake3arena would be the death of me.

11. SMUGGLER RSH

SMUGGLER RSH Guest

Yeah but can you go 90 straight hours without eating sleeping or moving from your seat???

12. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

smartass, the real image is right here!

[​IMG]

13. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

this dude from Quebec makes maaaaad g's a year playing counterstrike. his name is "grrrrrrrr..." or something like that. In an interview with the Toronto Star, he said that he is a big celebrity in Korea (where he has moved), and kids come up to him and ask for autographs as if he were Jerome Iginla or something. His nights, according to him, consist of nightclubs and computer games, and his days - a university education courtesy of the money he makes off Counterstrike.

15. Merdle

Merdle Guest

holy shit, I can't belive he did that. And at an internet caffe, for over 3 days straight. I wonder what game he was playing..Rip buddy.