>>>818 SAN FERNANDO<<<

donniefrisco

This thread is for all those who are or were in the 818 when it was thriving...I dont really know the current situation in the 818, but when i left in 1996 it was definitely feeling the wrath of the buff...

So if you got any good stories or have anything to say about the valley, please do...This was the breeding ground for some hardcore bombers...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, if I fined some I'll post...

In 94 I was at this dude Senr's crib. He pulled out a news paper, LA Times Valley edition I believe, and on the front page of the Valley section was a big ass photo, which covered nearly the entire page. It was 15 to 20 dudes all posing for a group shot. They were covering their faces with either their hands, sunglasses, or bandanas (god thats a gay word) and they were tons of tags and shit behind them...Anyways the caption underneath them said in bold ass writing " CMF -CHILDREN MURDERING FAMILIES" I was like DAM!!! that shits loc'd!!! The article was the typical anti-graffiti bullshit they always print-- that shit wasn't important...It was that god dam photo...and the fact it said Children Murdering Families...I bet the do gooders of the valley were shitting when they saw that.....

Fuckin' aye!

Yeah 818 in the 90's. That was some good shit. A lot of fools tore shit up. Anyone remember when MYL & ICR were going at it. How about NBT? Of course you always had MSK AW. hittin shit. Anyone remember the Frog Yard? what about when HF battled 818k. There were also crews like UTI, TCF (remember their battle)...BAD & CTY. A12 & the rest of those heads from USC. Shit I could go on forever but I'll spare y'all. Good shit though. Oh & you can't forget STP.

no man...keep it going...All that shit brings back great memories for me...Just that you mentioned Atom 12....I forgot about that dude...He had the back of this billboard off the 101/Shoup exit that was dope...And the Frog yard...yes...wasnt that off the *whoops, didn't know the place still existed*???

That dude CHIL USC was crushing for a minute too...did you ever go to the USC yard out on San Fernando road, out past Northhills???

heres some of the crews I remember:

msk

awr

icr

ols

c4a

js

jor

ip

ki

nts

usc

nhd

uti

myl

krs

the list goes on for days...Old_soul, you got any flicks???

Yeah KRS, I believe snap from UTI was in it at one point. Cause 4 Alarm...I remember those guys. What about MCP. Yeah the Frog yard was over there at the malibu exit. I use to have a bunch of pics a lot of 818 & motor yard flics. I'll have to do some searching & see what I got. What about Else from IYF remember those cats?

hahahaha...MCP "MEXICANS CAUSING PANIC", my boy CAUSE was down in that crew, also MJK...Yeah, try and dig up those flicks...If you dont have a scanner, or dont feel like posting them on this site, hit my email...Maybe we can trade or something...I know i got some NHD flicks, and some USC flicks some where around here...I'll dig too...

donniefrisco@hotmail.com

I know Remotes got some stories...

how about TIK. now that there was some hardcore west valley sheeit. betta reckanize! HAHA also KKC with Super.

i remember jose and look. they were the first graffiti that i actually remember recognizing. they got up all over.

of course there was Unit. i bet that guy still has some landmarks up.

OLS shit. those guys were mad stoners. i remember hanging out with them a few times at parties, and up at the top of desoto blvd.

mexicans causing panic, yeap. sheesh.

one fun story was actually at motor yard. it was me and dzam and brail and elmoe, some guys came up to us like they were going to jack us, but then they recognized brail. i forget who it was, but it was someone big in the scene back then. they stuck around while we finished our stuff, even showing us the gun, (and firing it) that they were going to use to scare the fuck out of us. which i might add, would have!

fuck yeah, STP with that crazy crazy Tolse.

was Oil COI from the valley? i actually spotted a few of his recent tags up on the 101 in hollywood. i always liked his tag.

that state of the valley is pretty bleake now. ventura blvd is all clean. man, i remember ventura blvd being the showcase for tagging back then. rooftops galore. i want to start up ventura bombing again. i am a bit old now though.

HOU forever!!! headin on up. man, me and dzam must have made up a bunch of little crews. and cant forget B5K, my buddy Ohgie!

what was Tense's crew... DYP, thats it. that guy was up alot for a while.

IP haha, i was in that for about 5 minutes. i still see a Dole tag up here and there.

C4A... simi valley doesnt count man! hahaha they only place i remember seeing them up was along the 118, but never past tampa. and they loved that big white wall just north of the 118 at tampa.

great fuckin times, and great memories! i wish i were still a kid. i'd be KILLING shit right now!

i also read in all these other threads about train yards in different parts of the countries being "legal" spots, like the authorities dont care. what was everyones take on the budweiser yard and woodman. i never got sweated at either of those places. but i was constantly aware of the surroundings we would never let our guard down so far that we would just do whatever we wanted. maybe its becuase they are both in the middle of a big city?

oh yeah, by the way. the woodman yard DEFINATELY is haunted. maybe its not by sk8, but there is some freaky shit going on in that yard at night!

Fuckin TIK. I almost forgot about them. You know they use to have beef with AWR. They dissed a lot of AW. pieces there pretty fuckin hard down at the motor yard. I remember 2 AWR heads went down to motor to see what was up & ran into about 50 big ass mexicans with bats. Nothing happened though.

Originally posted by donniefrisco

i would never go up in there at night...

i think it was me and dzam and ohgie one night. we didnt even get started painting when we heard BANG BANG BANG coming from the other side of the trains. someone ran to the other side to look... NOTHING there. spooooky. we said fuck it, and left.

send me pics when you find them! thanks

818 defitinetly has some history. Too bad there's so much spot jocking going on right now... I guess the city doesn't have enough room for all these writers, or maybe people are just lazy. A lot of graffiti has seem to migrated to the downtown area anyways.

:)

Yeah the buff hit the SFV hard. I also remember those News specials on graff, Gkae in the courtroom listening to that judge. Also some kids that got caught by the CHP near the woodman yard on eyewitness news. LOD was also in that bombing on a freeway wall.

Yeah KRS was the shit..Gram used to be the only one up in my neighborhood...In 93 he would line me and just put "toy" next to my tags...I always admired his shit, even when I knew he had dissed me...It was like someone fresh giving me advice...Like " Yo, you are a toy go practice.."

Thats what was dope about LA writers--shit seemed so much more real back then...Specially with handstyles... So when dude dissed me, it was nothing personal--strictly graff...And thats dope...I knew I was a toy and in LA in the early 90's if you had a weak hand, you were constantly reminded of it...and constantly striving to get better...

Dam...to think that was almost 10 years ago...

word...

yea i remember all the dope valley shit from when i was like 14 and just starting out writers werent as toy as they are now

now graff is a trend and every school kid wants to write

MCP was way up what aboout NEA INF and there beef with 129 KNL

or when HAK AND HAI went at it . WHO REMEMBERS CFK??? THEY WERE WAY UP or when EK was killing shit in NH what about MK DC DOC

RTM GFS FOE BSK OD ODC BL OR WHEN OZIE fell and it was on the news or what about ISS TSS CMK TM or when saber and bus were killing shit what about when all the freeways were hit and the legal murals were always capped with dope graff

or when it was uncool to be a tagbanger and HMW and CMK were the only ones or who remembers when HMW actually hit up or THL

i guess its good la busses are dead because we got there old ones now

i do remember some of the crews you mentioned although i did not personally know them mostly due to our age differences im guessing,

also due to the reasons i stopped paying attention to graff around the way when it became so heavily infiltrated with toys and an utterly disbelievable lack of any muthafuckin style.

Archived