Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

7l and Esoteric-Dc2: Bars of Death

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ethreadzny2, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Ethreadzny2

Ethreadzny2 Veteran Member

I know everyone is not a fan of their music, so I expect different kinds of responses. But fans, has anyone picked up this album yet, and if so is it worth buying.

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i always found these guys pretty boring to be quite honest

3. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

i was thinking of burning it but i burned eyedea and abilities: e&a instead. if you do come around to wanting it, fuck buying it, just burn it.

4. Ethreadzny2

I find it is either hit or miss with them. Some of their tracks are really on point, put a good portion is really boring. The new album has alot of guest tracks, and I really like what the babygrande label is doing. The new brand nubian is also coming out on that label. Also does anybody know if the army of pharoahs coming out with a full length?

5. Abracadabra

what i really wanna know is has anyone heard this yet:

http://sandbox.pair.com/images/ins1005.gif'>

and is it fucking dopealicious?

6. Ethreadzny2

cant ever go wrong with viktor vaughn. I havent heard it yet, but I am sure it is top notch..

7. Abracadabra

doom 0wns. it looks like an enhanced cd too, so hopefully it contains some extra goodies

8. Ethreadzny2

Operation: Doomsday still gets heavy rotation in my cd player...

9. reach.4

reach.4 New Jack

^ its rap ..
    i thought dangrous connections was sick cd but i havnt managed to find this cd on the internet and thers no way i am going to buy it

10. 455

455 Guest

The only joint I liked from them was when they first dropped "Def Rhymes"....that shit was tight.....and since we are talking some Bawstun shit.....I want a Checkmark full-length album(or Skitzofreniks)...since I live about 3,500 miles from Beantown it's kinda hard to aquire music I want...and no, I don't like to pirate shit from the internet...

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

12. jazz technic

jazz technic Member

bars of death is decent. there are differences from the older shit-- esoteric has a slower flow on some tracks, and there seems to be a lot of gun talk. the beats are tight as always, the only thing i didnt like was eso rhyming like he just rolled out of bed. i found it worth burning.

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

BARS OF DEATH IS A CRAPPY DISAPPOINTMENT.

OLDER 7L AND ES IS THE FUCKING DIAMONDS.

WHAT A SAD RELEASE THIS SHIT IS.

MOST BORING FUCKING BEATS EVER.

AND THE CHORUS PARTS ARE STUPID SOUNDING.

14. Bellbeefer

Bellbeefer Senior Member

their first cd still gets heavy rotation for me.....but, i haven't cared to look out for anything by them since.:eek:

15. SeYnO9

SeYnO9 Member

I dig their old stuff, and esoteric is such a sick word.