Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

767 plane crash

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fr8oholic, Nov 12, 2001.

1. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

2. KASTsystem

KASTsystem Member

not too much info available yet...if anyone hears anything, post it up.

3. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

The cockpit was sealed.

4. beardo

beardo Guest

wtf.. it landed in a neighborhood?

5. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter Senior Member

Thats some horrible shit. I feel for you New Yorkians.

6. Harpo Marx

Harpo Marx Senior Member

Plane Crashes in Queens, N.Y.

c. The Associated Press

NEW YORK (Nov. 12) - An American Airlines Airbus A300 crashed Monday morning in the Queens section of New York, and buildings reportedly were on fire in the neighborhood.

The plane crashed shortly after 9 a.m. and thick, black smoke could be seen miles away.

All metro area airports were closed following the crash, in the Rockaways section of Queens.

The mayor canceled his morning events and headed to the scene.

One eyewitness reported debris falling from sky, and told the Fox News Channel four homes were on fire.

Another told CNN he was 40 blocks away and saw ''Just a lot of smoke. Tons and tons of smoke. You can see emergency vehicles heading to area. Lots of people are standing in the streets. It's very tense.''

The cause of the crash was not immediately known.

The crash came two months after the attack on the World Trade Center, which was destroyed by two Boeing 767s hijacked out of Boston's Logan Airport. One of the planes was operated by American, the other by United.

7. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Plane Down in Queens 2 Mins After TakeOff... AirTraffic Control: No Warning... Near Kennedy Airport... All Area Airports Closed... Bound for Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic... Eyewitness: 'Debris Falling From Sky'... All City Bridges and Tunnels Closed... Number of people aboard unknown... 12 buildings on ground burning...

There are two crash sites ... one where the engine landed and where the actual place landed - according to Guliani.

8. bumdigger

bumdigger Guest

http://robots.cnn.com/2001/US/11/12/newyork.crash/story.smoke.plane.jpg'>
    it's in queens ny

9. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

they are saying that witnesses saw an explosion before it crashed.

10. Poop Man Bob

So that leads my mind in the direction of either a bomb or a total mechanical failure. Considering the times we are living in ... I can't help but think about the former.

Ugh.

11. bumdigger

bumdigger Guest

isn't it the 2 month date since the 911 attacks?

12. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

After I saw that on the news, I wondered if there was a possiblity of sabotage....great, here comes the hunt for the black box....what can we find out this time?

13. i need my people from queens to check in

14. Poop Man Bob

No, today is the 12th.

15. bumdigger

bumdigger Guest

but today's also vet day a little weird don't ya think