If I got the chain, I would hawk it

faster than you can say Bling Blauh!

I think the idea of adding

'incentives to buy' into the CDs

is a good thing. More bang for

your buck. Kinda like when

you order from 12oz...

:)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

oh, and here is the story....

--------------------------------------------

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2003/10/2406.cfm

Diamonds Are 50 Cent’s Best Friend

Friday October 24, 2003 @ 03:00 PM

By: ChartAttack.com Staff

These days the record companies are feeling like they need to trick kids into buying CDs by enclosing all sorts of extra goodies. The default bonus is a fancy DVD, but some bands have decided to take a different route by offering Willy Wonka-style golden tickets.

Earlier this year we told you that Guided By Voices were hiding golden tickets inside random copies of their newest album Earthquake Glue, giving fans a chance to win copies of their latest box set. Then, Obie Trice launched a contest in which people who bought a copy of his new CD, Cheers, could enter to win a chance to hang out with Eminem in his recording studio. Now, Obie Trice’s pal 50 Cent is following suit with his own golden ticket prize.

In order to up the value of the new G Unit CD (the quartet featuring 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and Tony Yayo), the group is offering random fans the chance to drape themselves in bling-bling, just like a real rap star. Four prize tickets will be randomly inserted in the first million copies of G Unit’s new disc Beg For Mercy. If you manage to snag a ticket, you’re entitled to a diamond G Unit medallion worth $12,500.

"Everybody knows when I do something I got to do it bigger than anyone else out there," 50 Cent said in a statement. "I’m givin’ away 50 grand worth of diamonds and a chance to become part of my crew. The streets have been loyal and I just wanna show my appreciation and give a little something back."

G Unit’s Beg For Mercy hits stores on November 18.

http://www.chartattack.com/pics/2003/10/24-50cent.jpg'>

it would be honor to be the newest member in a click whos leader has been and continues to be the subject assasination attempts and or plots.

its so stupid to do the win something extra. It

drives artists and labels to push weal ass products

and then make up for it with the promise of a 1 in

a gazzillion chance at making the purchase worth

while.

If its a good album, just promote it and the fans

will catch on.

scottie is offended/ NOT born yesterday.

Guest WebsterUno

its mostly because of all the

music being swapped around

on the net for free. They need

these types of things to help

get interest back in BUYING music.

I havent bought a CD in sometime.

Wax, thats a different story.

they had G-Unit on Howard Stern this

morning, did anyone hear it?

It was funny.

fuck a mercedes. motherfuckers should give away a bunch of hoopty buckets and shit.

old8/fuck luxury.

hah.....give away vacations to the innercity.

Congratulations. Your the winner of 5 days and four nights at the luxurous Super 8 motel on 98th Street.

is that for real?

see. they coulda given six buckets out for the price of that thing.

now some corny redheaded white guy, i mean not to be racist, looks fucking stupid with a expensive but tacky peice of jewlery.

its like that movie im gonna get you sucker. when fools overgold.

i mean...i nice chain and medallion, cross...what not is stylish and everything....but some shit that hangs down to your belly button and has a similar look to a giant belt buckle is played if you ask me...even if it costs more than i make in 5 months.

at least the companies are being a little innovative and trying to make the CD purchase a 'must' for fans.

I wouldn't really care to be in the studio with enimem,

so I ould just dl the disc (if I wanted it), but a mercedes

from Jay-Z... tempting!

Shit, 4 in one million your odds of bein the newest addition to the G G G G G UNIT are better than winning the lottery. On top of that you get $12,500 in platinum and diamonds. That's gangster. I'm gonna buy the album and if I win...Oh yeah. The dimonds are mines bitch.

damn....i was kinna hoping the corny red headed white guy actually bought a fifty album and won......you know some super suburban mtv kid is gonna win the chance to hang out with eminem and its gonna be a mtv special...

that sucks...cause the Aftermath/ Shady Records crews are on top of shit. its unfortunate that they are not accessable on a level...you know..

life if they could bring the price of the record down so they could have 15 times as many rappers on each label.

anwayy....overlyintrospectivehappysmokedunoster.

Guest WebsterUno

Oh shit...I was going to comment on that!!^^^

my homie was at one of those shows!

he said he tossed out brown bags, contents:

A piece of Fried Chicken (no wrapper, just the chicken piece)

a Capri Sun

a small bag of chips

he said he was giving everyone a free lunch.

See, thats pretty dope...I wish more performers

would do stuff like that.

Originally posted by WebsterUno

he said he was giving everyone a free lunch.

See, thats pretty dope...I wish more performers

would do stuff like that.

Word, plus Keith was wearing a cape. Hip hop needs more rappers with capes throwing out fried chicken to hungry fans.

That g-unit shoe looks like you'd play tennis in it. Does it come with a cardigan?

Archived