Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

*50 cents GOLDEN TICKET*

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by WebsterUno, Nov 14, 2003.

1. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

did anyone get the ticket?
    I didnt buy the CD, but its tempting.
    If I got the chain, I would hawk it
    faster than you can say Bling Blauh!

I think the idea of adding
    'incentives to buy' into the CDs
    is a good thing. More bang for
    your buck. Kinda like when
    you order from 12oz...

:)

2. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

oh, and here is the story....

--------------------------------------------

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2003/10/2406.cfm

Diamonds Are 50 Cent’s Best Friend
    Friday October 24, 2003 @ 03:00 PM
    By: ChartAttack.com Staff

These days the record companies are feeling like they need to trick kids into buying CDs by enclosing all sorts of extra goodies. The default bonus is a fancy DVD, but some bands have decided to take a different route by offering Willy Wonka-style golden tickets.

Earlier this year we told you that Guided By Voices were hiding golden tickets inside random copies of their newest album Earthquake Glue, giving fans a chance to win copies of their latest box set. Then, Obie Trice launched a contest in which people who bought a copy of his new CD, Cheers, could enter to win a chance to hang out with Eminem in his recording studio. Now, Obie Trice’s pal 50 Cent is following suit with his own golden ticket prize.

In order to up the value of the new G Unit CD (the quartet featuring 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and Tony Yayo), the group is offering random fans the chance to drape themselves in bling-bling, just like a real rap star. Four prize tickets will be randomly inserted in the first million copies of G Unit’s new disc Beg For Mercy. If you manage to snag a ticket, you’re entitled to a diamond G Unit medallion worth $12,500.

"Everybody knows when I do something I got to do it bigger than anyone else out there," 50 Cent said in a statement. "I’m givin’ away 50 grand worth of diamonds and a chance to become part of my crew. The streets have been loyal and I just wanna show my appreciation and give a little something back."

G Unit’s Beg For Mercy hits stores on November 18.

[​IMG]

3. Josh White

Josh White New Jack

4. One_in_Ten

One_in_Ten New Jack

it would be honor to be the newest member in a click whos leader has been and continues to be the subject assasination attempts and or plots.

its so stupid to do the win something extra. It
    drives artists and labels to push weal ass products
    and then make up for it with the promise of a 1 in
    a gazzillion chance at making the purchase worth
    while.

If its a good album, just promote it and the fans
    will catch on.

scottie is offended/ NOT born yesterday.

5. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

its mostly because of all the
    music being swapped around
    on the net for free. They need
    these types of things to help
    get interest back in BUYING music.
    I havent bought a CD in sometime.
    Wax, thats a different story.

they had G-Unit on Howard Stern this
    morning, did anyone hear it?
    It was funny.

6. Scorn

Scorn Member

lol, i wander how many kids are gonna beg there mum and dad to buy em 50 of em, just to get lucky

7. destroya

destroya Senior Member

if i see somebody with this i'm snatching it.

8. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

they should give away mock prizes to.

like gift certificates to the flea market.

or free bullet proofs.

or a lifetime supply of magnum and strawberry lubricant.

9. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

i think I might buy the new jayz cd just because he is giving away 3 mercedes to lucky "fans"

<3,
    Zack Morris

10. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

fuck a mercedes. motherfuckers should give away a bunch of hoopty buckets and shit.

old8/fuck luxury.

hah.....give away vacations to the innercity.

Congratulations. Your the winner of 5 days and four nights at the luxurous Super 8 motel on 98th Street.

11. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

its too late, they already have a winner..

[​IMG]

12. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

is that for real?
    see. they coulda given six buckets out for the price of that thing.
    now some corny redheaded white guy, i mean not to be racist, looks fucking stupid with a expensive but tacky peice of jewlery.

its like that movie im gonna get you sucker. when fools overgold.

i mean...i nice chain and medallion, cross...what not is stylish and everything....but some shit that hangs down to your belly button and has a similar look to a giant belt buckle is played if you ask me...even if it costs more than i make in 5 months.

13. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

Imagine how much you could sell that gaudy ass medallion for on ebay. I think its a very smart idea to get people to buy your album, but some ugly ass medallion is not doing it for me. I'm glad all my favorite artists are just too poor to pull some stupid shit like that

14. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

so you only get the medallion and no links? you'll see some ghetto fab shit going on, 12k aronud the neck on a shoelace....

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

at least the companies are being a little innovative and trying to make the CD purchase a 'must' for fans.

I wouldn't really care to be in the studio with enimem,
    so I ould just dl the disc (if I wanted it), but a mercedes
    from Jay-Z... tempting!