5 Easy Appetizer Recipes

neeta sharma

1. Goat Cheese Trio: Cut a 12-ounce log of goat cheese crosswise into 3 mini logs. Roll 1 piece in chopped mixed herbs, another in cracked mixed peppercorns and the last in chopped dried cranberries and cashews. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.

2. Cannellini Bruschetta: Combine 1 drained can cannellini beans, 1 cup chopped drained giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables) plus a splash of brine from the jar, 1/4 cup diced provolone and 2 tablespoons each chopped parsley and olive oil. Serve on toasted Italian bread.

3. Spiced Olives: Heat 1/3 cup olive oil with 1 strip each lemon zest and orange zest, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1 smashed garlic clove. Stir in 1 cup mixed olives and a few thyme sprigs.

4. Radish-Anchovy Canapes: Finely chop 1 to 2 rinsed anchovies, 2 tablespoons parsley and 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest; mix with 1 stick softened butter. Spread on pumpernickel cocktail bread and top with thinly sliced radishes and a squeeze of lemon juice.

5. Blue Cheese–Pecan Spread: Mix 1/2 cup soft blue cheese with 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans. Spread on celery sticks or crackers and drizzle with honey.

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Personally, the pretzels that have mustard in them already are the way to roll. Buffalo chicken pretzels were even less bullshit. Fuck with them shits. Now, for a nice "recipe" I reccomend spooning some marinara sauce to the inside of a flour tortilla and covering in mozarella and parmesan cheese. Fold in half and place ona square of aluminum foil. Place in oven at 400 for about 11 minutes. Be careful though, it has been known to make guests insane and steal from your house while forgetting their nice gifts that you've chosen to give them.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, another great recipe that ain't too hard to make would be the twice baked potato. If you're new to baking potatoes first thing you need to know is you gotta puncture their skins with either a fork or knife after washing the dirt off them. This will keep them from exploding in the oven while they cook. It'll take maybe between 20 minutes and a half hour for your potatoes to bake in the oven at around 325f. Once the potatoes are cooked remove them and halve with a knife, then use a spoon to gut the skins/shells and put the potato guts in a mixing bowl. You will then be adding sour cream, cheese, perhaps butter, whatever else floats your boat. Mix until nice and creamy smooth and then put back into the potato shells, which will be sitting nicely on a cookie sheet perhaps sprayed with pam for easy removal. Cook at 275-350 for about however long you think to get the cheese melted.

I usually make pesto when basil is at its best, fortunately when basil it at it’s best it’s also abundant and cheap so I usually end up making it in big batches. I leave some in my fridge, jar some up for friends and freeze the rest. The freezing affects it slightly but in winter when there is no fresh basil I’ve still got better pesto than I can buy from any deli or shop. In those colder months I toss it through my pastas, dollop it in my soup or spread it on toasted French bread.

1. Toss the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium high heat until golden brown.
  2. Remove and allow to cool.
  3. Cook the garlic in a little olive oil until soft, remove and allow to cool.
  4. Pick all the leaves off the stems and discard the stems.
  5. Place all the leaves into a food processor and chop on high (you may need to add a little olive oil to get the leaves moving.
  6. Once they are very roughly chopped add the cooled nuts, garlic and parmesan cheese.
  7. Process on high and add the olive oil as you do, if you prefer a stiffer pesto, only add about half the olive oil.
  8. Process until rustically smooth.
  9. Season to taste with salt & pepper.

• Like 1

^^ smash. love pesto. and anything described as "rustically smooth" (/NH)

i love sweet potato wedges as an appetizer. you'll need 2 baking sheets and foil and 2-3 sweet potatoes. they aren't even that bad for you.

preheat oven to 375F.

cut them into wedges of the same size. this is important, otherwise you get an unevenly baked batch, which is not poppin and will not get you laid.

toss the wedges in olive oil. if you have an infused olive oil - i have this great black truffle olive oil - use it, it will shine.

place wedges on foil-lined baking sheet, skin down.

sprinkle with thyme or black pepper and/or any other seasoning of your choice. i prefer one of the first two.

bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on how you like them. the longer you leave them in the more they dry out.

serve with parmesan cheese, ideally while they're hot enough to melt it.

This shit is dope

Believe it or not, this is a great recipe for anyone that thinks they don't like zucchini. It is also a great recipe for anyone trying to watch their carb intake. But above all it is a great recipe for anyone that just loves great tasting, easy to prepare food.

1. Pre-heat oven to 160c
  2. Grease and line a 27 x 18 cm (11 x 7 inch) baking dish (size can be approximate) with baking paper.
  3. In a large nonstick fry pan, soften the onion in the butter and olive oil over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
  4. Add the bacon and continue to cook for another 7 minutes.
  5. Transfer the onions and bacon to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool, about 5 minutes.
  6. Add the zucchini, egg and cheeses to the bowl and mix well.
  7. Season with salt and pepper, use less salt if you are using a salty bacon.
  8. Pour into lined baking dish and place in oven.
  9. Cook for about 60 minutes, rotate after about 30.
  10. Check every 15-20 minutes. The slice is cooked when firm and does not wobble if you shake it.
  11. There may be some oil pooled on top when you remove it from the oven, you can soak it up with some paper towel, but I leave it on to soak back in

• 1 year later...
1. Goat Cheese Trio: Cut a 12-ounce log of goat cheese crosswise into 3 mini logs. Roll 1 piece in chopped mixed herbs, another in cracked mixed peppercorns and the last in chopped dried cranberries and cashews. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.

2. Cannellini Bruschetta: Combine 1 drained can cannellini beans, 1 cup chopped drained giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables) plus a splash of brine from the jar, 1/4 cup diced provolone and 2 tablespoons each chopped parsley and olive oil. Serve on toasted Italian bread.

3. Spiced Olives: Heat 1/3 cup olive oil with 1 strip each lemon zest and orange zest, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1 smashed garlic clove. Stir in 1 cup mixed olives and a few thyme sprigs.

4. Radish-Anchovy Canapes: Finely chop 1 to 2 rinsed anchovies, 2 tablespoons parsley and 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest; mix with 1 stick softened butter. Spread on pumpernickel cocktail bread and top with thinly sliced radishes and a squeeze of lemon juice.

5. Blue Cheese–Pecan Spread: Mix 1/2 cup soft blue cheese with 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans. Spread on celery sticks or crackers and drizzle with honey.

Hey Neeta,

Thanks for sharing that recipe for goat cheese trio!

taco tuesday

1.take chicken breast/strips make sure theyre not fat so theyll cook quicker in the pan, if they are just place em in a gallon ziploc and smash em with a pan

2. in a bowl mix 1/4 cup tequila, 1/4 cup olive oil, juice from some limes, your choice of spices usually garlic, cayenne(careful tho), salt pepper.

3. pour marinade into gallon bag o chicken. let sit for awhile. longer is better. im usually hungry as shit and just give it 30-1 hour.

4. in mean time, chop up quarter of an onion and some cilantro, combine that shit. shits essential topping in my opinion. or throw in a diced tomato, diced up cucumber(sounds odd but is actually dank), add some salt n pepper and lime juice, call it pico de gallo

5. cook chicken in pan or on grill. warm tortillas