Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

3D Renderings and WIP Thread

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by Testicular Catastrophe, Apr 24, 2009.

1. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Joined: Jan 24, 2006 Messages: 27,078 Likes Received: 1,007
    nice work, qba.

this guy helped me a ton when i was picking up 3dsm.
    very nice guy with an inspirational resume'.
    http://neilblevins.com/

2. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

Awesome link casek, this guy def knows whats good!
    btw. did you see any shorts and animatics from Blur studios? Superb quality stuff.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  3. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

[​IMG]
    layin bricks all day..

4. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

A while back i did.
    Haven't seen any of the latest stuff.

Going to check them now.

5. joshuaself

joshuaself New Jack

Ay thats dope - nice dramatic camera angle too

6. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

thanks man, I apprecate it. Right now I'm out of town and can't continue to work on this thing and it pisses me off, but before i left i blocked out a barbed wire placement and all is left is to finish the hall way and add a cross or some other symbol at the end of it.. besides that a pyramidhead would be awesome to have in the scene as well but i might just put his sword through the door and call it a day, depending on how much time i want to spend on it, but since this is for my new demo reel, then i actually might go through with it..

7. joshuaself

joshuaself New Jack

[​IMG]

Don't want to see this thread fall too far down the list- here's a render of the Blokhedz Episode 2 environment, with a lil' photoshop image processing to sweeten it a touch
    flickr

8. I45_TEXAS_I45

I45_TEXAS_I45 New Jack

get help .... who ever made this is prob the next serial killer.

9. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Any of you playing with Strata 3d?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2008
  10. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

casek not me.. i've never heard of it before.. whats the advantages over other mainstream software?
    On another note, I just got settled and got the comp hooked up so I'm getttin back to work and maybe finish the damn scene..

11. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

You take a series of pictures of real objects, load it into Strata Foto 3d and it models and lays out your textures.

http://www.strata.com/products/strata_3d_cx_suite/strata_foto_3d_cx/

I've got a copy........

12. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

wow.. things are gettin easier and easier to make.. i wonder how does the mesh of an obj looks like out of that prog.. i believe it would still need clean up..

13. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

14. QbaOner

QbaOner Member

nice, it seems to be workin like FaceGen which is a program that was used in Oblivion and many other games, take 3 pics of your head (front, and both sides) and you'll have a pretty good mesh and textures with shitload of blendshapes.. mesh still looks too dense for that shoe.. too many tries and the detail on the model is not there, just an overall shape. I guess a normal or displacement map would fix that..

15. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

That's what I was thinking, displacement map. It really does look good for a simple program, though.