.... 3D or not to 3D

CAPS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

are you talking about the new 3-d or just the regular 3-d on every piece?

if your talking about the daim style 3-d i dont like it Why you ask because i like the old shit the more raw real type stuff..it just dosent look graff to me.....to pretty almost...although i do like some of jazi's shit..but all-n-all its just lame....

the daim 3-d is played out..

by other writers but people like envy and asher and others that shit is cool and there is this one writer from california but i cant remeber what he wrote but basicly started the 3-d natural style.

ok. 3d is hot if you can do it. i dont no why people hate on daim. thats his style. its what he does and hes probably one of the best at it. but over all its just a graff trend that people play with cuz they cant think of their own shit.

wildstyle. is incredible when its done correctly. lots of people just cant do it, but do it anyways. to me its like one of the last steps in the learning process and too many people try and get crazy with their shit before they can even do a straight letter, fall on their face and quit. learn and grow eventually youll get it. but as a whole its dope.

characters. i love them. whoever said graff is just letters is a dick. twist has amazing characters. as does fafi from europe, thesis from canada, and the list goes on. but if you cant do them dont. some people make shit charcters and think they are god. its a talent not many have. its whutever you like just dont do it half assed.

overall i like everything about graff. even the little trends. no matter whut people are guna hate so it really dosent matter.

this is such a funny debate and you see it all the time on here...

My Oppinnion: 3D is incredible if done right and basically most people do a kind of half arsed rendition of a Daim or Loomit piece..

I paint mostly 3D styles and have for about 5 years...It was the obvious progression for me from simle to wild letters and it has allowed me to explore a whole new facet of possiblities in style painting..

I really rate, Loomit, Daim, Seak, Toast and Delta for their 3D styles...they seem like the front runners and origin of 90% of the ideas in this area...

3D STYLE IS ONE OF THE BEST STYLES BUT IT IS HARD TO PUT UP NOT REALLY ON PAPER BUT WITH PAINT, EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN STYLE MAYBE HE LIKES DOING WILDSTYLE OR SOMETHIN ELSE BETTER NOW DONT GET ME WRONG I DO ALL STYLES BUT SOME PEOPLE STICK TO CERTAIN SHIT I KNOW THAT FOR A FEW MONTHS ILL STICK TO ONE STYLE BUT I LIKE TO KEEP IT CHANGING

everybodys hating on 3D styles lately, thats stupid!,... When 3D was big everone was saying "wildstyle is played out, blah, blah, blah". seriously, dont worry about what the trend folowers are chating about. Now everones all about bombing so peices are lame. who cares, just do what you enjoy. paint with someone you like, and have fun. Dont worry about the soap opera kids. they probably wont be around long anyway.

My two cents.

Lots of people do 3-d these days... tis true. but how can someone say it's 'played out'? I mean... 3-d styles are reltively new compared to graffiti as a whole. If you really wanna get down to it throw ups are played. Tags are played. Streaks are played. Everything is fucking played because it's all been done and in much better ways. Just go paint what you like and fuck the rest... Everything is relevant and nothing is played. People just like to talk shit. It's what they do best.

3-d wildstyle upside down hollow point stock tip 360 half-cab varials. With a lemon on the side.

Originally posted by CAPS

K.....

3d style

wildstyle

chars

what do you like, why, and why don't you like the other shit.

I ask 'cause a freind of mine hates 3d style and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

he obviously hates 3d because he cant do it... 3d is a must..

Personally, I've never been a huge fan of the 3D movement. I always found it amazing to look at but it just didn't move me the same way a wild style piece did. Then I tried to do it myself out of curiosity and found just how hard it really is. From shading and lighting to structure. I don't think in those terms so it's a style that is really difficult for me. And it's earned major respect. Recently I saw a grip of Daim's stuff up close. His canvases. All done with spray paint. And they were perfect. Delta is incredible as well, but up close dude is sloppy. Nothing wrong with that though. I kinda like the sloppiness effect. But Daim really should be commended for what he's done with 3D. He may not have been the first, if you want to argue, but he definitely has his own style that has been imitated for years now. And before you hate on him, or any other writer, ask yourself what you have contributed.

Semi-wilds are the best. And no one does them like AWR. Those guys have the best semi-wild outlines on the planet. IMO.

Wilds have to be done perfect or not at all. And I think most people know this. That's why it's something you don't see very often. You really have to know your letter structures and where and how to connect them to one another. Knowing how to fill voids correctly and not just fill them up with nonsense. I can't think right now of anyone who, at the present time, rocks a good wildstyle. Though I do remember PicassoTWS from the Bay Area used to have the most amazing wild styles.

Bombing is also something that has to be done right. It's painful to see a toy using etch bath. When are more bombers going to start thinking about aesthetics?

Stencils are the next big thing. Already very popular in Europe but there's a grip of guys in America rocking that shit too. And I for one welcome it. Same concept as what we do with tagging but more intricate. It's just another way of getting up if you ask me. And Banksy is the king.

Guest mafIAkilla

i think that 3d is nice if done right.....something i like a lot is the guys that do a wild/semi wild but it looks kinda like its 3d because of the way the piece is shaded.....examples would be totem,pose(ATT),revok,etc.....their pieces look like something you could grab rather than just flat letters.....

Archived