35 mm cameras, looking to buy one

THUMB WRESTL

im looking at the new CANON 'REBEL TI'

it looks pretty good, i'm not exactly sure what is good and what's not, and i'm not looking for the top of the line stuff, or professional, just a good solid 35 mm camera, im going to need it for photog class as well, but i've been meaning to get more into photography, etc etc.

anyone have some suggestions for these types of cameras? or about the REBEL TI???

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Get yourself an older model one. 1 it will save dough 2 they are heavy which gives stability in a shot 3 if it gets stolen ytou can replace it easy. I can`t remember the camera my mum has but it is rocking. She has had it for about 30 years or so it is a Japanese model............Canon I think one of the most copied designs for years. But she has the original brand and model..........

Originally posted by THUMB WRESTL

im looking at the new CANON 'REBEL TI'

it looks pretty good, i'm not exactly sure what is good and what's not, and i'm not looking for the top of the line stuff, or professional, just a good solid 35 mm camera, im going to need it for photog class as well, but i've been meaning to get more into photography, etc etc.

anyone have some suggestions for these types of cameras? or about the REBEL TI???

I'm not sure if that's the current model of Rebel, but from what I've heard it's a good line of cameras. When I got my camera the Rebel 2000 was Canon's high end camera, and I heard some pretty good things about it. Elan 7e is my poison of choice. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

i got a rebel g and its sick dude it was like $250 or so but it was worth it...its really versatile and i can take sequences with it when im skating dope shit cannon anything is gonna be good quality im saving up for the new model gl2 miniDV its like 2900 bills but its like the cadillac of video cameras ooooh i cant wait itll be like christmas in march when i get that thing

ive definetly been wanting a gl1 for awhile. i think i may go for the gl2 because i hear they fixed alot of the glitches of the first gl. OR i may go for the dcr-vx 2000 from sony. THAT shit is the shit. beg borrow or steal my friends. beg borrow or steal.

as far as still's, if your buying something new, stick with either canon or nikon. or a major brand at least...(pentax, minolta...). the rebel should be fine for a beginner.

aw bitch. tell me why i just sold a 35mm camera to cash converters for like $25...i totally got bit in the ass with that deal, just the short 'telescope' was worth $25, that's not including the big one and the camera itself...heh its ok though, the camera was pretty fucked up anyways. i doubt it even worked ;P

thanks for your input fellas, much appreciated. and yes, i'm getting this camera for personal use, but i mainly want it for stills, and like photographic images, like being able to blur the background but keep the main image in focus, that stuff is pretty cool, i don't know all the technical terms and such, but i'm highly interested in learning.

also, could someone explain the bare minumum stuff i need, like lenses and ummm flashes and exposures and all the technical stuff, could you break it down for me? much appreciated..

In my mind there are only two choices...the Canon AE-1 or the Pentax K-1000. The Pentax was discontinued in 97, but they're still out there.

I also have a Pentax p33. Its a pretty bad-ass camera that has an auto setting for when you want to take brainless photos of your friends doing stupid shit.

Guest TrustEvil

If you wanna get the job done, and seriously learn how to use a camera and learn about photography, then get yourself an old steel body manual-focus camera such as the Pentax K1000 or Canon A1 or better still, the Nikon FE....these cameras are atleast 20 years old, and will continue to outlast any of the computer driven plastic shit-toys that they produce today...you drop that Canon Rebel and it's bye bye....you drop a Nikon FE while running from the police on a busy street, and it will still work like the day you bought it....the new full-auto cameras teach you 2 things...1) how to waste your money and 2) how to push a button.

Go to your local camera shop or pawn shop and look for an old SLR (single lens reflex) metal body camera with a f2.8 50mm lens...you'll be set for a good while...fuck, i'm a professional and i still use these old cameras way more than all the fancy auto-crapola cameras that flood the market for all the idiots who wanna take shitty pictures of their ugly relatives at christmas time.

Guest TrustEvil

you will never be cool, regardless of what camera you buy.

SLR is a standard term for Single Lens Reflex...it has to do with the shutter system inside the camera which is basically a set a horizontal blinds that open and close to expose the film...EOS and ES and all those other terms are used to indicate the technology used by Canon or whoever...it's mostly marketing....blah blah blah...as i said, if you want to learn about how a camera actually works and how to take top quality photos without letting the camera do all the work for you (manual over-ride still produces the best shots), then get an old classic....if you're one of the millions of children with A.D.D who want instant gratification, think Nelly is cool for wearing a fake band-aid on his face, and wants to press a button on an overpriced piece of electronica....then go get that Rebel...

Guest seno.oner

my dream camera STILL would be the Nikon F5, and for filming would be the VX2K----awsome camera.

Right now I have the Canon A2e....it does the job so I can't complain.

Originally posted by TrustEvil

you will never be cool, regardless of what camera you buy.

SLR is a standard term for Single Lens Reflex...it has to do with the shutter system inside the camera which is basically a set a horizontal blinds that open and close to expose the film...EOS and ES and all those other terms are used to indicate the technology used by Canon or whoever...it's mostly marketing....blah blah blah...as i said, if you want to learn about how a camera actually works and how to take top quality photos without letting the camera do all the work for you (manual over-ride still produces the best shots), then get an old classic....if you're one of the millions of children with A.D.D who want instant gratification, think Nelly is cool for wearing a fake band-aid on his face, and wants to press a button on an overpriced piece of electronica....then go get that Rebel...

you bastard, :)

well the manual shit is cool, and i understand what you're saying, but isnt that an option of the cameras that are coming today, you can choose manual or automatic? i might be mistaken, and you are the pro, and sorry for being hard headed an all, but i always get fucked over when i try to take a short cut when buying shit.

my boy has a NIKON camera, its like 8 years old. it's pretty tight to, but the used ones i looked at, were like $299 for a NIKON 650 ES maybe i think it was, i liked the body shape, but it didnt even come with a lens. that was just for the body.

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i went to the camera shop and talked to the guy and he made the REBEL TI sound pretty fucking cool. but who knows. trial by error i guess.

Archived