Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

28 Days Later

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KaBar2, Sep 2, 2003.

1. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

Has anybody else seen this film? It looks like an indie shot with DV in UK. Pretty gruesome and disturbing. But like Cecil B. DeMille said "If you want to send a message, use Western Union." This thing has more political/social baggage than Potemkin.

2. metallix

metallix Elite Member

3. cletus

cletus Junior Member

quality film! the shots of london town completley abandoned are amazing.

4. BAMBOOZLED

BAMBOOZLED Member

Meh... it was okay. I thought it was stupid to kill an established character like the father (and quite frankly, I was pssed). I like the grimey action scenes but I didn't like how they were enhanced with strobe lights and quick camera movements (mainly because once i noticed it, i noticed it everytime it happened). But besides that I like the plot twist, and it made me think about how society functions and what would happen if I was in a similar situation.

Was it originally made for the U.S. or imported?

5. BigOatser

BigOatser Senior Member

XXX was pretty bad, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

6. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

This movie has been out for a while, I even remember like three threads on it in one day, kabar2 should have searched it up! anywho I love the movie...

7. I havent watched it mostly cause people i trust told me it wasnt anything great and because the director, Danny Boyle, made really crappy films lately. His first movies are awesome (Shallow grave, Trainspotting) but since he went Hollywood (he's english) he got lame (The beach).
    Dude that wrote the screenplay is my fav new writer and if you havent 'the beach' and 'the tesseract' are great books.
    I will eventually see it on DVD but thats it for now.

8. caL

caL Senior Member

i like when he starts beating peoples asses and quits being a pussy

9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i think the beach was a good movie

10. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

so your gay?

11. Well, it had nice photography and just for that ledoyen chick i'd say its a good movie. I wont though, if you read the book you'll understand that the movie is 000001% of the real deal.

12. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

ah, never read the book.

13. I highly recommend it, for what that counts
    When you start it you just cant stop reading.

14. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

I also enjoyed the Beach movie...but Tess is definitely right, the book is amazing and much better than the movie.

28 days later was good. not great or anything, but I enjoyed it.

15. Haha, this was a fun movie, watched it last night...

I don't know how so many parents were moronic enough to bring their kids to watch this movie when I went... There were at least 8 or so families that brought 5-6 year olds to watch this shit. Shit starts with all that crazy news footage, and then that scene with the monkeys and the chick barfing blood all over the place... by the time the first scene was over, the 6-year old kid next to me had shat himself all over the place and was asking his mom to get him out of there because he was fucking scared shitless. The mom says, "You wanted to fucking see this, now you sit and watch the whole goddamn thing". Me and my friend burst into one of those Uncontrollable Fits of Laughter (©2003 PMB) that never really stopped, and thankfully the mood eventually spread throughout the theater. After the scene where the black girl brutally kills her partner*, there was a huge silence in the theater, and then my friend started to make snorting sounds trying to hold back the laughter, which prompted the whole theater to bust out laughing uncontrollably. It was like the whole place was stoned out of their minds.

The Beach was pretty amazing for about the first half, and then I just stopped caring for the movie, and by the end I was like "meh". Danny Boyle and whoever the music guy is are masters at soundtrack selection though, a legacy which continued with 28 Days Later.

I figured Kabar would comment on this movie if he saw it. I'm surprised he hasn't started talking about how we should all own an arsenal of large automatic weaponry in case shit like this happens. Beer,

El Mamerro

*I'd met that guy in February in LA, he was roomates with the friend I was staying with. We all got stoned off our asses and did crazy yoga poses and freezes and played SNES. I was like "Wait a second, I know that guy", while watching the movie, and then the dude gets axed in the face. Awesome.