Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

25th Hour

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Gunm, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Gunm

Gunm Banned

For those of you who have seen this amazing movie I want to get people's thoughts on the ending. Did Edward Norton really follow his fathers words and escape out west? Or did he simply accept his fate and the whole scenario playing out in his head was simply him dreaming as they went along?

I guess one's interpretation could be like saying whether the glass is half empty or half full. I wanna knoiw what y'all think.

2. The fact that it remains unresolved made it the best, most satisfying ending I have seen in a very long time.

3. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Agreed, El Mamerro.

I would like to think that he escaped, but not knowing makes it better.

Its based on a book, right? I think I'll go get it tomorrow.

4. PedroHammers

PedroHammers Dirty Dozen Crew

i kind of got the feeling that Edward Norton was day dreaming, though I would like to believe that he took off west...

5. I have the same feeling pedro does...it was obvious to me in the ending that it was reality that prevailed over the fantasy mood the fathers talk had....to be perfectly honest i didnt really liked that film....when i saw 'do the right thing' i thought i was a good movie...everything else i watched later on plain sucked....25th hour seemed like a dope movie and gradually turned to nothing special imo. Despite all that, i love the movie for the "fuck you" scene...thats awesome and thats what dude has done in all his movies at some point.

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

you always love the 'fuck you' scenes.

knock knock...

7. metallix

metallix Elite Member

8. mapo returns

mapo returns Member

'do the right thing' is a great movie.

9. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

i didn't see this movie yet, but i heard that it was verry good.

i especially want to see it for:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/74/039_45640.jpg'>

[img]http://www.northernstars.ca/media2/paquin.jpg'>

10. ModelCitizen

ModelCitizen Guest

I just finished watching it.

The ending felt like it represented a fantasy more than a reality, and the entire end sequence wasn't "definite", but I think the rest of the movie suggested that it wasn't intended to be the final word of the story. Either way, the filmmakers did a great job of making what could have been a mundane subject into a really entertaining couple of hours.

It's tough to get a really "introspective" movie like that made in mainstream Hollywood, especially with big-name actors, so it's cool to see it playing on cable in my house late at night. Rosario Dawson really looked and acted lovely, too.

11. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

I dont recall this movie....and i have seen everything...why did this slip through my fingers?? is it on video or in theaters?

12. JesusMachine

JesusMachine Elite Member

I have to admit the 'fuck you" scene was pretty fucking funny....but, c'mon Spike did you really have to do it?

Also, yeah he was daydreaming..

P.S. Rosario Dawson looked real HOT in this movie!

13. word, to the point her beauty becomes shocking:love:

14. sadangry

sadangry Junior Member

I loved this movie so much, the second I put down the book, I put the DVD in. Effyou-the book is pretty much word for word with the movie. Except the last page, I cant really remember exactly tho.

15. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

i would've liked to have thunk that he bounced but knowing the ride up the west side highway, homeboy's getting butt raped because they missed the turn off for the george washington bridge...