24 hour party people

Smart

Did you guys see this film, shit's HAWT2DEFF! Well, maybe not super like if you were in my generation and listened to all these bands but still a cool fuckin movie... saw it like last summer but it came up in convo today, thought I'd put it out here just to see...

for an alternatives, discuss the Fight Club soundtrack, Psychic TV (Throbbing Gristle, Chris and Cosey, Jack the Tab, TOPY, etc...), whether I should buy the Foetus remix album, Napolean Dynamite (some more), the original of The Manchurian Candidate, or the new Star Wars movie (for lack of a 6th topic)...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GremlinJet.@Mar 17 2005, 11:31 PM

yup yup dope movie, dope music, i guess that dude ryan i think his name was, the lead singer of joy division shot himself in like 1989....i guess in the long run drugs will do you in.

ian curtis, and he hung himself. also, i dont think he was on drugs, just a depressed dude. i guess mental illness will do that to you.

His name was Ian... Ian Curtis... not sure that was all that drug influenced... think anxiety and severe depression...

On the flip side, I used to use that as a barometer to pick up cool chicks, if they looked good and they wore a Joy Division shirt we were hooking up... only happened about 4 times but worked like a charm... 4 out of 4!

Also Cabaret Voltaire shirts were a clue but I had less success there, maybe 55%...

Guest HESHIANDET

you told me to come here and read this shit so i did and i gotta tell you i dont listen to nearly enough music to post in this bitch. plus im a hater

I dated this girl once who had the biggest music collection

I've ever seen, and I'm talking thousands of cd's and albums.

She had this as a giant poster above her bed:

love.gif

oh... and it's worth checking out the squarepusher cover of 'love'

If you heard about Joy Division from a movie, especially this one, you are a clown. No explanaiton needed.

This movie sucks. Only the early parts were interesting, the rest was not. The Happy Mondays suck. The scenes with the Hacienda suck. But Mark Smith made a cameo, so I guess it's not THAT bad...

check out the hate coming off seppuku... but he's right about that learning about Joy Division off a movie but...

Still not much has been said about Genesis P. Orridge, Psychic TV, or Jack the Tab (inventor of, or at least coiner of the phrase 'Acid House') or any of that other TOPY stuff... seems like at least one of you guys would have listened to Chris and Cosey but...

Plus there's that Star wars thing, and Napolean Dynamite (some more)... I've kinda decided to put a skip on that Foetus remix record but you could try to change my mind about that...

Originally posted by Smart@Mar 22 2005, 11:31 PM

Still not much has been said about Genesis P. Orridge, Psychic TV, or Jack the Tab (inventor of, or at least coiner of the phrase 'Acid House') or any of that other TOPY stuff... seems like at least one of you guys would have listened to Chris and Cosey but...

Genesis P. Orridge

genesisp-orridge1.jpg

scary stuff ..... but right at the forefront of what became RAVE.

now has added boobs .... yikes ...

hair.jpg

i have yet to watch this movie ... but may do that tonight.

yeah nomada, look at that shit

and for that Genesis stuff, yeah, apparently he and his wife are going to make themselves 'sexless' by being all sexes but I'm not sure those are real tits... there's SO much more than that though... experiments with the 'brown sound' and ultra frequencies... religious craziness like WHAT!!! sculpture and boundary pushing in every direction... this is why I HATE on all those pussy little GG Allin fans, Genesis is just that, the Genesis... also his bandmate (in reference to their own music) invented the term 'Industrial'...

This is a for real cutting edge muthafukkka! YEAH! 3 K's! WHAT!

really tho... watch that shit!

and the other day I read Happy Mondays were straight hooligans and criminals, which I found pretty funny, if not also accurate but...

That black chick from Happy Mondays was recently on the British 'american idol' show and shit, she's still making music... plus all that New Order stuff was cool (the pigeon thing especially) and all kinds of shit...

fuck the hater(s)!