24 hour breakfast

Lush

Whoever thought up this concept is my new favorite person in the whole wide world. Generally if I'm drinking and craving food in the middle of the night I'll grab a slice of pizza. unfortunately all the pizza joints were closed. We were at a party in the "bad" part of town and there was crazy cracked out ghetto restaurant right beside us so we went in and half the menu was dirt cheap 24 hour breakfasts. I now feel like staying up again tonight so I can go get someone to make me bacon and eggs at 4:30 am.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands

completely in agreement. last year contained a lot of sleepless nights for some reason or another. papers, tests, presentations, whatever.

at about 3am every night, we'd head to the local diner. it got to the point where the waitress knew my usual, and oddly, that's always comforting. two scrambled eggs, link sausages, hash browns, double order of toast, coffee (keep it coming) for me. banana nut pancakes and hashbrowns for her.

it's tastes great, but more than that it makes you feel good for some reason, like you're really accomplishing something, while doing nothing at all. plus, once you're done, you're full and awake...that guarantees two more hours of steady work.

it's the little things you miss...

French toast,two eggs(over-easy),hashbrowns,bacon or sausage,buttered toast/strawberry jam on the side..with a pepsi(so I can stay awake) at 3:30 in the morning..$5.99 plus tax---can't beat it. 24 hour restaurants are the greatest.....especially if you're faded.

Guest willy.wonka

taco bell is bad karma

please believe....

just learn to cook....then you'll have a home cooked meal

and if you're smart,you'll cook it like mamma used to make it...

i get it from my mamma

Guest Obsessed

only 24 hour place around here is dennys... the only thing i will eat there though is the meat lovers skillet covered and smothered (i cant say no to country gravy and bacon) but all in all dennys is crap i cook my own now

Once, I was driving through Phoenix, on my way home from California. The whole trip had been a disaster (and also the greatest vacation I have ever been on … I’ll tell that story some other time, though). My twin brother and I were completely broke. We hadn’t showered in two weeks. I had hit a deer and wrecked the front of the car on the way to California. The only thing we wanted to do was get home (which can make a 28 hour drive a never-ending nightmare). The problem was that because we were broke, the only thing we had eaten in the past 24 hours was one bagel (each) and a gallon of water (shared). It was about 4 in the morning and my brother was asleep (again) as we drove through Phoenix. Suddenly, I became aware of how hungry I had become, but since we only had enough money to make it home, I had to try and forget about food until then. The problem with this was that apparently in Phoenix, the only thing that is open at 4 in the morning is Waffle House. I swear I saw about 30 Waffle House signs from the highway. This made me even more hungry, and the thought of food consumed (no pun intended) my mind. I don’t remember anything between 4 and 10 in the morning. My head was filled with thoughts of strawberry topped pancakes with whipped cream … 2 eggs, scrambled hard … a side of bacon, crispy … a side of toast, white and buttered … a glass of orange juice, pulp or no-pulp I don’t care as long as it’s the real thing … and a cup of coffee, if I see the bottom of the glass, you get no tip. At about 10AM I broke down and stopped at some random breakfast place on the side of I-10. I didn’t even care if I had enough money to make it home.

Twenty-Four hour breakfast places are great when I have money. Otherwise, I’d like to burn them all down.

Archived