2006 Winter Olympics

Weapon X

So, yeah, I'm looking forward to watching the events as much as possible. But I always get bummed around this time of year because Canada generally sucks at the Olympics. I mean, if we win Gold in men's and women's hockey (I'm not sure of either this year), the whole nation is happy, even if we don't one other medal. This is a sports hating nation.

Who is watching the opening ceremonies? I hope I'm not!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Frate Raper@Feb 10 2006, 03:49 PM

I read in readers digest some years ago about the sex that goes on in the athletes village......I'm very intrested.

yeah man, the latest ESPN Mag talks about some of the funny shit that has gone down in the Village.

I'm gonna type some out, just for you guys:

---

The Olympic Village may be an enclave of athletic purity, but it's not quite Chariots of Fire. Oz is more like it, with underground economies, scandalous liasons and messy culture clashes. To survive, you gotta know the rules. Some US vets give us the inside scoop. - Carrie Sheinberg

DO: Bring Spare Uniforms

Team jackets get traded in the Village like cigarettes in the joint. Sometimes they're sold outright. A cool grand for a uni is hard to resist for a true amateur from Belarus.

DON'T: Bother With Change

"Everything is free," says Nelsond Diebel, the 1992 breaststroke gold medalist. "You press the button on a Coke machine and a bottle comes out. It really irritated me when I got back to the real world and that didn't work."

DO: Request Coed Accommodations

"We were rooming with some bashful ski jumpers," says 1994 alpine skier Eva Twardokens. "We decided to wash our sexiest panties and hang them all over the bathroom. Unfortunately, their coach made us take them down."

DON'T: Import Affection

"I tried to sneak a girl over the fence around 2am," says Trace Worthington, who skied freestyle moguls in 1994. "All of a sudden, there were guys droppoing out of trees with guns pointed at me."

DO" Play the Culture Card

In 1994, the German team members convinced organizers that beer was an integral part of their heritage. Result: they got kegs on tap in their secton of the Village.

DON'T: Go Beer-for-Beer With American Snowboarders

"There was a huge party in 2002 after Danny Kass, Ross Powers and JJ Thomas won," says a US coach who asked to remain anonymous. "It got to be 5am, and we were supposed to bring them to the Today Show set. There was no way the guys were going to make it. They had to do it the next day."

DO: Was Your Hands

"A stomach bug hit the village in 2002," says aerials silver medalist Joe Pack. "People were barfing all over the place. Nobody knew what caused it, but it was preventing athletes from competing. I couldn't get out of there fast enough."

DO: Keep Your Dignity

A gold medal isn't the same if you don't win it yourself. "Two drink German bobsledders were in a bar wearing their gold medals," says a female alpine skier from the 1994 Games. "I asked to see one, and the next thing I know, they're offering a medal for sex. That's when I realized Olympic dreams had limits."

DON'T: Forget to Bring Your Putter

In 1998, Toyota promised a car if someone aced nine holes on the Village putting green. So many athletes managed to do it that the automaker had to stage a putt-off.

Originally posted by dobsilla+Feb 11 2006, 02:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dobsilla - Feb 11 2006, 02:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Your Moms New Boyfriend@Feb 11 2006, 01:27 AM

fuck this shit!!!  now the oc wont be on till march 9.

fuck are you kidding me, that is bullshit.

[/b]

OC OC OC OC USA USA USA USA

• 2 weeks later...

Sup 12oz, still as much Canuck hating going on as ever I see. Anyhow, great to see this site still hasn't changed much.

As for the 'limpics, I think the right two are on top this year for sure. Canada, the Russians, and the USA are too afraid to let go of too many of the old crappy hockey players, and I am not just being ageist here. Some of those old guys can still play, Kovalev, Modano, Jagr, etc. I don't really see to much of these guys during the regular season so it's good to see them still hacking it with the bigger, faster, younger crowd.

Originally posted by 23578@Feb 25 2006, 01:29 PM

Sup 12oz, still as much Canuck hating going on as ever I see. Anyhow, great to see this site still hasn't changed much.

As for the 'limpics, I think the right two are on top this year for sure. Canada, the Russians, and the USA are too afraid to let go of too many of the old crappy hockey players, and I am not just being ageist here. Some of those old guys can still play, Kovalev, Modano, Jagr, etc. I don't really see to much of these guys during the regular season so it's good to see them still hacking it with the bigger, faster, younger crowd.

Eh. man! Where the fuck you been?? I thought maybe you killed yourself during the lockout!

Yeah, well, did you read what Modano said about US Hockey? That they gotta travel and accomodate themselves on their own? pathetic.

Yeah, I knew Canada wasn't gonna get gold. Their players are definitely too old. It's alright when it's guys like Lemieux and Yzerman, but, shit...you can't just rely on 40year olds to get the job done. Russia was definitely a better team. I think Finland is gonna take it, still.