2 toy bic pen sketches

Seek One

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Seque:

First, i don't like the arrow (or the top of the 's.' whichever) in both pieces. i don't like the fact that it is thicker and longer than your letters and that it sticks out, covering some of your letters. it might be okay to stick a bigger, longer piece on the bottom, the top, or running away from it on the end, but don't put it running into the middle of your piece from the outside. the fact that it covers up your letters and nothing else seems to overlap as much kind of bothers me, too: i think if you're going to overlap the arrow so much, overlap some other stuff,too.

Second, do more with your letters. i think they are slightly abstracted, but to roll with the style you're leaning towards, you need to push them farther. i'd suggest doing two things. one, abstract single letters and put them together. for example, make the craziest 'e' you can, 's' you can, and so forth. it might help creatively to do this as just written letters rather than blocked/outlined letters. the second technique is to sketch out the form your piece might take. right now, it's not very striking as an entire composition. so draw some kind of geometry and fit the letters into it.

Finally, make all your lines count. As an example, the bottom of the 'u' in the second sketch is kind of bumpy, and the lines that define the bump or elbow that you've put into it aren't working together. by that i mean, they aren't drawn in relation to lines in other letters around them, and the top of the elbow follows (at times) a much different curve than the lines at the bottom of the elbow. this makes it look toyish.

and with that, i've confused the whole fukkin board. goodnight gentlemen.

granny oner

Symon i dont write seek anymore i write it seque as in sequence because i found out alot of people write seek

Revel thanx for the advice i will try to fix the top of that S and thanks to everyone else who gave me advice....this sketch is from last week and since then i been doing it over and over and tweaking it here and there so i will try to improve this style.

-Seque

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

not feeling the "s". other than that, not too bad. have any more simple stuff? post that, i would like to see that.

Archived