Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

2 Basic Sketches

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by cheps, Jun 25, 2002.

1. cheps

cheps Member

Here are two very quick basic sketches I have thrown down in the past week. Drop some suggestions.

http://cheps.homestead.com/files/ChepsBlockie.jpg'>
    A basic blockie style

[img]http://cheps.homestead.com/files/ChepsFlare.jpg'>
    Another basic style

Im still trying new things with my sketches, so drop some suggestions, thanks. ;)

-A

2. Destruction by Definition

Destruction by Definition Veteran Member

just need a little more practice with the 3d and letter structure, the colors coincide nicely though....

3. SayOne

SayOne Guest

werd, your keepin it simple, practice

4. cheps

cheps Member

Aight good, Just makin sure I got the basics down, Ill work on a more complex sketch next time. Thanks for the feedback.

-A

5. MrMajicMarkker

MrMajicMarkker New Jack

^^naw, man, perfect the simple style first, then you can just gradually progress into the complex "wildstyle".

6. JUWSE

JUWSE Junior Member

keep practicing. keep it simple until you got it down...

7. meone

meone Guest

you may want to use some different markers and pencil to get a consistant flow with your colors but other than that good start

8. tears*uno

tears*uno Guest

hahah the s on the last one

that is all

9. THEdude

THEdude Guest

do the second one a whole bunch of times again, without coloring and without any fancy stuff.

then post it again to see the improvement.

10. cheps

cheps Member

Aight, thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

-A

11. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

what happend to the days when 12 oz was a bunch of assholes who would verbally rape a person who sketched like this.

whell at least im still here. you suck get better!

12. THEdude

THEdude Guest

well we could do that, but hey maybe next time

13. cheps

cheps Member

Yea, I kinda noticed the rare kindness in this thread, its much appriciated. Everyone has to start somewhere. There was a day when even all you dope writers were at a level like some people on this site, help out. For real though, its much appriciated.

Can some of you pick out some shit for me to improve on in these sketches, that would help even more.

-A

14. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor Elite Member

yeah, basically.....

your first sketch... what's up with the "h"? i find that random curve in it really odd, it stops the flow of it in the middle of the piece and makes you pick up later on. also, your 3-d perspective is waaaay off. you should learn point-perspective or something, which would help a lot.

your second sketch... i can see where you're going, just make sure you keep yoru letters similar, and fix the s. make it look more like the e. it just sort of falls in on itself because it's too fat. much like a 350 lb. nine-year-old girl would do.

and finally, forget the exclamation point.

other than that, keep it up, etc.

15. ArtvandaL

ArtvandaL Guest

awww thats wack as fuck!! why do you bother scanning that ugly shit onto your computer to show it to us?! for opinions????
    are you blind or do you really see these sketches as "dope". theyre fukin nasty!
    even that write.."cheps" cheps!??? what the fuck is a "chep"?

dont post more sketches or any other fag shit for at least 3 more years, maybe by then youll be better. faget little bitch.

i'm disgusted!

:heated: :lol: :heated: