140mph over the speed limit

why write?

Motorcyclist Arrested For Driving 205 MPH

Sep 21, 2004 7:58 am US/Central

Wabasha, Minn. (AP) With a State Patrol airplane overhead, a Stillwater motorcyclist hit the throttle and possibly set the informal record for the fastest speeding ticket in Minnesota history: 205 mph.

On Saturday afternoon, State Patrol pilot Al Loney was flying near Wabasha, in southeastern Minnesota on the Wisconsin border, watching two motorcyclists racing along U.S. Highway 61.

When one of the riders shot forward, Loney was ready with his stopwatch. He clicked it once when the motorcycle reached a white marker on the road and again a quarter-mile later. The watch read 4.39 seconds, which Loney calculated to be 205 mph.

"I was in total disbelief," Loney told the St. Paul Pioneer Press for Tuesday's editions. "I had to double-check my watch because in 27 years I'd never seen anything move that fast."

Several law enforcement sources told the newspaper that, although no official records are kept, it was probably the fastest ticket ever written in the state.

After about three-quarters of a mile, the biker slowed to about 100 mph and let the other cycle catch up. By then Loney had radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two over soon afterward.

The State Patrol officer arrested the faster rider, 20-year-old Stillwater resident Samuel Armstrong Tilley, for reckless driving, driving without a motorcycle license -- and driving 140 miles per hour over the posted speed limit of 65 mph.

A search of speeding tickets written by state troopers, who patrol most of the state's highways, between 1990 and February 2004 shows the next fastest ticket was for 150 mph in 1994 in Lake of the Woods County.

Tilley did not return calls from the newspaper to his home Monday. A working number for him could not immediately be found by The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Only a handful of exotic sports cars can reach 200 mph, but many high-performance motorcycles can top 175 mph. With minor modifications, they can hit 200 mph. Tilley was riding a Honda 1000, Loney said.

Kathy Swanson of the state Office of Traffic Safety said unless Tilley was wearing the kind of protective gear professional motorcycle racers wear, he was courting death at 200 mph.

"I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you crashed at 200 miles per hour," Swanson said. "But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure."

http://wcco.com/localnews/local_story_265090112.html

holy shit, this guy is crazy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

holy shit.

I really hate how the press and police make such a big deal outta shit like this.

If he had wrecked at 200 mph...he'd be dead. shut the fuck up you dumb bitch...if the dude wrecked at 60 on a bike he could die just as easily. obviously he had shit under control and is a good rider.

and yeah...fuck planes over head doing that stop watch bullshit. 205 mph huh? show me the fucking radar...I don't believe you. how can that shit stand up in court? waay too much room for human error or manipulation. get a lawyer and challenge that bullshit.

If they can't physicaly show you how fast your going they can't charge you with shit.As a retard and a owner of high end whip, I know this very well.

I was just stopped for doing 160 in a 90........I said no way,cop showed me the radar and I was clocked doing 108.When he pulled me over I was doing 160.He was cool and knew I was up to no good and could have out ran his ass with out a problem, so he let me off with a 50 dollar ticket.

Driving with out an M1 or what ever it is in the U.S isn't that big of a deal.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

holy shit.

I really hate how the press and police make such a big deal outta shit like this.

If he had wrecked at 200 mph...he'd be dead. shut the fuck up you dumb bitch...if the dude wrecked at 60 on a bike he could die just as easily. obviously he had shit under control and is a good rider.

and yeah...fuck planes over head doing that stop watch bullshit. 205 mph huh? show me the fucking radar...I don't believe you. how can that shit stand up in court? waay too much room for human error or manipulation. get a lawyer and challenge that bullshit.

thats what im sayin, they always talk of danger and shit, but like 1 in every bunch wreck and die, and statistics show most motorcycle deaths are middle aged men who buy bikes that are too big and they have never ridden before but they want the "big harley" because its what their friends have.

That shit shouldnt stand up in court at all, and it wont...

Originally posted by FR8HOUND

Im trying to get mine to that point now..

top speed by me, 162mph. and I average 140-160 on the hiways, when I can..Speed to me is a rush, pushing the limits everyday..

I own a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX 1100, with ninor mods..:D

Hell yeah, I watched my friend do 150+ on his CBR1000 in the Mobil, AL tunnel on our way to the beach.

Can't wait for next spring for the Moto GP opener.

I got a sweet newspaper/magazine out here of nothing but street bikes, all the newest Euro/Jap models and crazy, crazy shit for sale. Plus a bunch of exclusive team gear.

Man dude, there's a CB1100 for sale for 3,500 pounds.

Hit me up if you want a copy of this huge ass newspaper/magazine.

one of the big bosses took his ducati to the track for some kind of bring your own bike racing school. On the last day there, they were playing catch the instructor if you can...well, homey managed to catch him, but he was carrying too much speed and the bike came out from under him because of debris. dude just slid off into the grass, but it looks like his bike is totalled. he said he wants to buy it back from the insurance company and make it a track bike.