Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

12oz'ers, should I or shouldn't I

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by UrbanAssault, Oct 17, 2002.

1. UrbanAssault

UrbanAssault Junior Member

Check this out, I like this chick who dated a friend of mine for a while ( about 3 years ) but they are not together anymore. I'm sure she's got a "thing" for me and I hella dig her but I just don't know. Should I try to court her........... haha I love that fuck'n word.........or pop in the "tape" and wallow in self pity?:D

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

first

there's lots of girls out there.
    Dont go for one that your friend may still have unresolved feelings about.

3 years is a very long time.
    I'd say maybe after 3 months
    but after 3 years... NO WAY!

3. YinzerXpress

YinzerXpress Guest

4. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member

how long have they been apart?

5. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

why don't you tell your friend you want to date her

if you guys are good friends, he will step aside.

i've been inolved in a situation like this before...it is definitely best if you talk to the friend before you do anything

if you guys don't, and you really hit it off and end up dating for awhile, it will totally alienate your friend in the end and that will be ruined

honestly, it isn't worth the drama
    don't be secretive
    tell him your going to ask her out (not like youre asking permission, just let him know)
    then, do it

6. socrates

socrates Guest

7. UrbanAssault

For Dobbs - Maybe a year or so.

For 12345 - Yea, you know how that shit is though. He'll be like " yea its cool " but in is head he's like " maaan, who does he think he is "

8. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member

if its only been a year, i'd avoid it. you'd probebly encounter a hell of a lot of drama and acward situations if you went for it

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

WRONG!
    If he's a good friend he wont punch you in the teeth.
    If you're a good friend, you wont ask, and you wont try to get with her.

10. !@#$%

no, of course he will be bummed out, what do you expect?

you know he will have that reaction...

the point is, what should you do?

if you guys like each other, chances are something will happen between you..maybe at a party when you are both drunk, maybe on the d.l.

the thing is, if you want to retain the respect of your friend, if you value the friendship, if oyu don't want to stomp on his heart
    then have the prescence of mind to tell him whats up before shit goes down

like i said, it will eventually if you know she's into you and she's hella fine or whatever..
    especially if there is some 'forbidden love' kinda allure to it...that'll just make it more exciting and desirable!!!!

believe me on this one..

no, he won't like it, but he will go along with it
    and everyone will be better off in the end

(or, something nuts will happen: he'll flip out, tell you his soul is still entwined with the very air of her being, and if you touch her he'll kill you, in which case you all are A LOT better off)

11. !@#$%

hey, don't get your panties in a bunch
    i am speaking from experience after all

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

^^

I'm still saying keep your hands to yourself.
    3 years is about as serious as young relationships get.

If you go there he will NOT be your friend anymore.
    Even if he's nice enough to not smash you in the face,
    every single mutual friend that the two of you share will
    take his side, and loose respect for you.

hell...
    The girl should know better than to go after her ex's friend.
    That's like she's trying to hurt him, or has zero respect for his feelings.

dont make me tell you 'I told you so.'

13. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

and so am I.

14. !@#$%

yeah, that is the best advice

but when two kids get together, they both are hot for each other, there is sexual tension, add in the whole 'forbidden fruit' thing, and what you've got is a mothafuckin volcano of hormones dying to erupt all over some bitches face..

yeah, it's innapropriate

will it happen?

maybe, depends on the self-control of the 2 parties
    and if the kid is even asking this question, he doesn't have much in the self control department

i'm just sayin the best way too handle the (likely) inevitable is to come clean with the friend and at least gauge his reaction

before he gauges someone's face..

15. UrbanAssault

I kinda agree with you on that. Fuck I don't know.............I'm stuck on this shit. I know she's down and so am I ( for each other ) it's just the consequences of the whole deal. What do I want more? FUCK, shit in one hand and wish in the other............ see what fills up faster.