Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

12oz. stamp lickers

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by HAMMERFALL, Nov 13, 2001.

1. HAMMERFALL

HAMMERFALL Member

id like to find out how others feel about this. i recently posted a few threads worth of photos, and felt very weird about it a day later. im not a big fan of sending photos to magazines or web sites, and never have. i like it much more if someone catches a train or runs across one of my spots, it feels alot better knowing you had nothing to do with my work showing up in that mag or site. ive traded a few packages with people who run sites and zines, so i guess im kind of guilty of this. but after posting photos on here in feel very cheesy, and i dont think i will be doing it again anytime soon. let me know how you guys feel about this, because im sure there are others who think about the same thing.

2. SIELOETTE

SIELOETTE Senior Member

I think theres a fine line..whether your sharing others work or your own..and if you overly self promote..but then again..we are just a bunch of nerds who paint on stuff and I think your being insecure..

3. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

theres alot of people who use this site as a means to self promote. i wont drop names, but the guilty parties know who they are. what can ya do? tell em how you feel i guess. it wont stop them tho.

4. HAMMERFALL

HAMMERFALL Member

i just feel like ive done what i talk shit about others for doing, so im stopping. i also feel like im being a bit of a cry baby, so im going to stop that also.

5. Raels

Raels Member

I emailed a bunch of fliks to a site once. It was fun, a few people said they liked the shit they saw, but I heard a lot of criticism too. Personally, I think the internet is far above the approaching-corporate level of magazines, given that it's free (at least to anyone with computer access) -- but at the same time it's much easier to exploit.
    These days I'd rather post or submit pictures of stuff that interests me than pimp my own corny shit.:spent:

6. I dont know,
    The beauty of the Bench is that anyone can post his flicks. His work or others. Personally, the more there is to see the better it is.
    And i dont care if people use this to self promote as long as i see good pieces.

7. jack tripper

jack tripper New Jack

Dear Mr. Hammer,

I personally enjoy your posts and like seeing work from artist's in your area, especially since a lot of them came through the dirty dirty, destroyed it, and now are gone. Kinda sad if you ask me.

Please continue to post.

8. EL MASKO

EL MASKO Elite Member

Ehhh. I like posting freight on here cause that special someone who was in that post might be on this board and they can just see it and say "Hey wow. Someone else saw that." You know...like a real bench. I don't know how to explain it.

9. LeopoldBloom

LeopoldBloom New Jack

I think it all comes down to the designation between 2 schools of graffiti: either you're (1) out for fame or (2) you're in it for that "artistic experience" (or whatever). If it's the former, it seems there's a better chance you're jocking yourself daily with posts that are filled with photos of "this sick guy from my town" who just happens to have the same style as you and has always just finished painting right before you took the photo.

If it's the latter then there seems to be a more overarching selection of photos. That is to say, if you respect the art aspect then you can look at EVERYTHING from those early Philly tags all the way to the ultra abstract or 3D stuff that those crazy Germans come up with (among others).

Fuck man, I don't know... I'm preaching. Too much coffee, too much energy.

10. bigguy

bigguy Senior Member

Exactly what i think! hit the jack pot! As long as its good why not?Not self promote but post! WHy not?