12oz radio

Smart

So, could this work in an Xm format or something? Like moderator music mixes but also 'talk radio' stuff... could be everything like Crossfire topics and stuff over to Ch.0 idiocy... I mean, a station for each perhaps, but (in my magic vision) it would basically be where 12oz would still exist but topics that are hot could also be debated in a live format...

Like, one thing that seems to happen around here is that people either get on the same level or totally go head to head sometimes... I think that all of us who have been here for a sec can see it happening, even when it's with ourselves... What I'm saying is we pick a couple people who are grooving or arguing and pit them against each other on the live uninterrupted, then links to the radio shows can be posted here too...

We could have idiocy like I said, late night shit where the Aussies go insane, general foolishness...

I guess, stripping away the pipe dream of XM12oz... could this place also exist in a purely audio format?

And then, how do we all get paid from it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
it just brings the advertising thing into 12oz.. like 12oz should just be like another myspace for grafheads and cops

All right, that's why I said Xm because that's supposedly commercial free, but things get promoted around here all the time so, maybe there's a revenue stream there...

plus, it wouldn't be about the topics that could truly get people busted, why would cops listen... and America wouldn't really realize that we come from a graff place in a non-visual format... probably I would think the inherent ambiguity of the term 12oz would probably suggest beer to most Americans at least...

So, we'd just come brutal with all the music styles that are liked around here (and there's quite a few views on that, so there's your variety) plus dicussion about these random ass topics...

plus we all get paid...

maybe we could all go out for once and talk to REAL people? at bars or at yoga?

bitch get off the dick, you don't have to get the check. go talk to your yoga friends about what they are saying on 12oz, because you already do.

So, moving on...

As far as who gets to talk, I say if you're in already you can have an opinion but new comers stand in line and wait for haters to walk... we'd probably have to have an exact number but I can't think of one right now.

Here's maybe a deeper aspect of what I said, I'm talking about hours at a time, so, it would have to be something where people could get on, probably, their cells and call in, like during their lunch or whenever but, I still imagine it would be a lottery, like the phone call race but we'd grab a big ton of 12oz users and distribute a dozen inside numbers and then advertise an 888 with 3 lines for 'the unwashed public'...

I mean, I got half fantasy, half business model but the percentages are NOT evenly distributed.

before i was so rudely kicked off the internetsuperhighway awhile ago, i used to check this one forum where they did something like this. it was a shoutcast stream or something like that. eventually it evolved to have enough listeners where it was a 24/7 thing with advertisers and all that shit.

from the little that i heard, it wasn't that great. 12ozers could do better, but we all know that we don't give a fuuuuuuck.

that's kind of part of what I'm considering... like, everyone wants to think they can hang on the constant but really, live voice is a different thing than keyboards so that would narrow it immediately and then I see some 'anchors' but mostly turn over like any live radio show... I mean, one of the things that makes this site so cool are the forever old inside jokes right? I don't think we could use that too much in this new format but, I DO have faith in everyone that passes through here to generate new and interesting content so, I dunno, seems like we come up with a new joke every couple days, so then... do you focus on topics and 2 people head to head, do you just parse it like some sort of audio RSS feed, actually 'Host' it like real radio?

(and there's quite a few views on that, so there's your variety)

plus we all get paid...

thats what i first thought when i read the thread title... i remember back at home (Nicaragua) there was a kickass pirate station that had the most random-ass music playing at virtually all hours of the day...when i moved the dude who ran it retired and now it's a christian station (which is funny/sad because there was alot of good death-metal played)

I think that Channel Zero thrives in disorganization and near-chaos. Putting a routine to that would strip that away. Plus, it's hard enough having to read some of the stupid fucking opinions that some people on here have, I can't imagine having to actually listen to it.

it'd be like 4 dudes trying to have a serious conversation and 15 people just constantly spouting off random bullshit/making fucked up noises, bet me. basically it's pointless: anyone can already do their own 'commercial free' winamp webcasts if they want so there's no need to expect it from 12oz.

people on this thing can hardly organize a well thought-out thread.. let alone develop a radio show. if they could they'd probably have already done it.