12oz Photo Nerds Unite - ANNOUNCEMENT

Poop Man Bob

CENTER PLEASE!- ANNOUNCEMENT -

CENTER ****CENTER FUCKER!·· 12oz Online Photo Scavenger Hunt ··

On 10.28.03 I'll be creating a thread that emulates 26 Things, an online photographic scavenger hunt. You can check out over 500 entries here.

Instead of 26, we here at 12oz will be posting 7 photos each (1 for each category) [NOTE: these are pictures YOU TAKE. Not Google image shit.] If this proves popular, we can up the ante on a future occasion.

The categories that Kilo and I have agreed upon are as follows:

1. non-artisic graffiti - [self-explanatory]
  2. perveract - [candid girlie shot]
  3. authority - [rules and regulations, authority figures or restrictions]
  4. play - [games, fun, laughter, what people do to relax]
  5. light - [natural or artificial, bright or dim, unique lighting]
  6. footwear - [what do feet wear? what goes on feet]
  7. funk - [once again, self-explanatory]

I know all of the categories won't prove popular with some, but let's go with these to start off. They're easy to work with and provide a mixture of what to take pictures of.

Rules and Regulations - [these are taken straight from the 26 Things site]

• Film or digital (or both!) is fine.
  • New or old photographs are accepted - although most people have found it more challenging and fun to go out and take 26 new photographs for the project especially.
  • Basic editing (cropping etc.) is allowed. Your items are supposed to be photographs, not digital manipulations so don't go nuts in Photoshop.
  • Present your photos in any way you please that means you, coders!.

I'm posting this to give y'all a week's heads-up, as I hope a lot of people enter photos. The more people that do, the more fun it'll be. Show this post to those on 12oz you think might be interested in participating. And remember, on 10.28.03 I'll be creating that thread.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget digital...i stand by my rolls of film like my cassette tapes...

Anyway, so i'm to understand that I, lens, go out and take one photo for each category and then post it on here. Each person who posts for said thread will have seven photos each...okay, got it.

Poop Man,

For the candid girlie photo, it's just like, take a photo of a really cute girl right? Does it have to be all spy-tech style or can i go up to the girl and go "uh, yeah, yo, Uhm, I'm doin' dis here photo hunt and i wanna get your picture n' shit..."?

Seriously.

Originally posted by LENS

Forget digital...i stand by my rolls of film like my cassette tapes...

Anyway, so i'm to understand that I, lens, go out and take one photo for each category and then post it on here. Each person who posts for said thread will have seven photos each...okay, got it.

Correct.

Originally posted by LENS

Poop Man,

For the candid girlie photo, it's just like, take a photo of a really cute girl right? Does it have to be all spy-tech style or can i go up to the girl and go "uh, yeah, yo, Uhm, I'm doin' dis here photo hunt and i wanna get your picture n' shit..."?

Seriously.

Candid suggests taking it without her knowing. That's what makes it more interesting.

I'll write down the list and put that paper in my bill fold so I dont forget it.

and you know this will be a great warm up for the :evil2:Halloween Superthread:evil2:

subtle?

i'll be there!!....i figured it was about time i come around and start posting my own pictures on 120z anyway

non-artisic graffiti - [self-explanatory] ....can i post my own?

perveract - [candid girlie shot] ...thats all the photos i take

authority - [rules and regulations, authority figures or restrictions] ..oink!

play - [games, fun, laughter, what people do to relax] .does circle jerking count?.....(this question is from tease)

light - [natural or artificial, bright or dim, unique lighting]..how does blacklight work on digital cameras?

footwear - [what do feet wear? what goes on feet] ..i got that one covered

funk - [once again, self-explanatory]...yup

28th, means i got a few days to find myself a digi camera to borrow from someone.. :ballcap:

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

The categories that Kilo and I have agreed upon are as follows:

[*]non-artisic graffiti - [self-explanatory]

can you please explain ? so it aint graff, itll be just some random writing on a wall ?

whilst on the topic of these photos being taken and being hosted... anyone wanna share some of there photo hosts ? as we are all going to be needing to find one worth while using..

Originally posted by krie

can you please explain ? so it aint graff, itll be just some random writing on a wall ?

I think that would make it more interesting....or maybe some real toyish piece but your photo will bring out the beauty in t he piece( if thats possible)

Originally posted by krie

28th, means i got a few days to find myself a digi camera to borrow from someone.. :ballcap:

Sickboy basically has it. It's graffiti, just not necessarily that created by a graffiti artist with the intent of it looking good.

You know, like the "Jesus Saves" that's everywhere. Or bathroom graffiti.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

Will I get in trouble if I end up posting a few pictures for each catagory?

Say I want to post numberous pictures of girlies and light?

I have a buncha cliche light pictures but I've never had anything to do with them.

Or how about I post two sets of 7 pictures? Or is this bending rules?

I was hoping everyone would post only seven pictures, one for each category. I think the thread will appear much more uniform that way. Plus it'll be easier to compare who took what for each category when there's only one of each.