12oz Nerds HELP!!!

Milton

Sorry, last pointless thread in a while. I need the nerds of 12oz and PMB isn't online... Here are 3 letters to law schools to get me off the waiting list. Edit them, or call me names... Yup

I am writing again to reassure you of my interest in the Cxxxxxxx School of Law. The admirable strength shown in the field of International Law, specifically the opportunity to study abroad, makes Cxxxxxx Law the clear choice for my continued academic endeavor. I feel that a JD which focuses on International Law will make the best use of my prior foreign language and foreign policy experience. In this vein I have included an additional letter of recommendation from Dr. xxxxxxxx. Dr. xxxxxxx was the advisor of the Taskforce on Homeland Security which I participated in during my study in the xxxxxxx School of International studies. I hope this letter will aide you in coming to a positive conclusion in my pursuit of admission.

I am writing again to reassert my interest in the Nxx Yxxx University School of Law. Specifically I am interested in the opportunities stemming from the Global Public Service Law Project. The subjects of human rights on an international scale is something on which I focused several times during my study with the xxxxxxxx School of International Studies. These topics I found most interesting and by obtaining a JD with a focus in this area I feel that I will be best able to serve the human community. Additionally I have included a letter of recommendation from Dr. xxxxxx. Dr. xxxxxx was an advisor for the Taskforce on Homeland Security which I took part in during my study with the xxxxxx School. It is my hope that this letter will help you to come to a positive decision in my admission.

I would like to thank you once again for your continued consideration of my application. Additionally I will reassert my desire to attend Cxxxxxx Law in fall 2004. I feel that my academic history and success in smaller, community oriented programs, especially my experience in the Jxxxxx School of International Studies would make the smaller class size and community focused atmosphere at Cxxxxx ideal for my transition into a law program. Perhaps most exemplary of my work in a group setting is the Taskforce on Homeland Security which I took part in during my Senior year in the JXXXX School. The Taskforce is a project in which all graduating seniors in the JXXXX School take part. It consists group research into a specific area of international politics and then the compilation of a group of essays and policy suggestions derived from the research. With this in mind, I have taken the liberty of attaching a letter of recommendation from my Taskforce advisor Dr. xxxxxxx. I hope that this will aide you in reaching a positive decision in my admission and that I will be able to be a part of the Cxxxxx community in the fall.

HELP ME OUT!!!

EDIT: GOVERNMENT NAMES

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

milton- i've some experience with NYU if that's where you're applying...in my letter i would elaborate a bit more on my experiences, they

like it when you sound like a future alumni they can brag about in their catalogs....just be more specific

...good luck

(thanx 4 your input to my thread)

i'm sorry i'm so busy.

work sucks sometimes.

but i scanned through em.

i think it's great that the letters are not 'form' style..they will see right through it when you just fill in the blank name of college.

definitely tailor the letter to be not only about what is at their school that interests you and makes you feel like oyu want to go there, but also what experience and characteristics you can bring to them..

in a lot of prestigious grad schools, they interview the students, and the students interview them..it is about a reciprocal relationship.

hopefully you have the grades to be in that position..

but you are selling yourself to them, tell them about what you do and specifically why oyu're interested (i see you have don this a bit already)..include any relevant work or life experience, but also, again as you have, keep brevity in mind, no one wants to read a three page letter.

what did you do during your internship?

was there a specific encounter or experience that really sealed the deal for you?

i liked the description you gave in the last letter of what your work entailed..maybe oyu could work more of that into the other letters..

do oyu have an idea of what oyu might wanna do after school is over? it might be worth mentining a long term goal beyond just getting into their school..

just some suggestions.

i typed this fast, sorry about typos ;)

good luck, i'm sure you;ll do well.

the guy that was an advisor on the taskforce of hoemland security sounds like a big important guy that doesnt know you personally or doesnt know you very well even if he does, so I dont think the schools would be interested in what he has to say about you as much as they would if you get an actual professor of your that youve taken more than one class with. other than that the letter is common as fuck, which is perfectly fine.

Originally posted by Milton

Sorry, last pointless thread in a while. I need the nerds of 12oz and PMB isn't online... Here are 3 letters to law schools to get me off the waiting list. Edit them, or call me names... Yup

I am writing again to reassure you of my interest in the Cxxxxxxx School of Law. The admirable strength shown in the field of International Law, specifically the opportunity to study abroad, makes Cxxxxxx Law the clear choice for my continued academic endeavor. I feel that a JD which focuses on International Law will make the best use of my prior foreign language and foreign policy experience. In this vein I have included an additional letter of recommendation from Dr. xxxxxxxx. Dr. xxxxxxx was the advisor of the Taskforce on Homeland Security which I participated in during my study in the xxxxxxx School of International studies. I hope this letter will aide you in coming to a positive conclusion in my pursuit of admission.

I am writing again to reassert my interest in the Nxx Yxxx University School of Law. Specifically I am interested in the opportunities stemming from the Global Public Service Law Project. The subjects of human rights on an international scale is something on which I focused several times during my study with the xxxxxxxx School of International Studies. These topics I found most interesting and by obtaining a JD with a focus in this area I feel that I will be best able to serve the human community. Additionally I have included a letter of recommendation from Dr. xxxxxx. Dr. xxxxxx was an advisor for the Taskforce on Homeland Security which I took part in during my study with the xxxxxx School. It is my hope that this letter will help you to come to a positive decision in my admission.

I would like to thank you once again for your continued consideration of my application. Additionally I will reassert my desire to attend Cxxxxxx Law in fall 2004. I feel that my academic history and success in smaller, community oriented programs, especially my experience in the Jxxxxx School of International Studies would make the smaller class size and community focused atmosphere at Cxxxxx ideal for my transition into a law program. Perhaps most exemplary of my work in a group setting is the Taskforce on Homeland Security which I took part in during my Senior year in the JXXXX School. The Taskforce is a project in which all graduating seniors in the JXXXX School take part. It consists group research into a specific area of international politics and then the compilation of a group of essays and policy suggestions derived from the research. With this in mind, I have taken the liberty of attaching a letter of recommendation from my Taskforce advisor Dr. xxxxxxx. I hope that this will aide you in reaching a positive decision in my admission and that I will be able to be a part of the Cxxxxx community in the fall.

HELP ME OUT!!!

EDIT: GOVERNMENT NAMES

abroad as in iraq abroad?

better protect your neck