12oz needs new server(s) IMO

beelkaemoney

Yo as much as i love this site it sucks dick for a pocket change..wait let me explain...how many people wouldnt mind donating a $1-2 towards some new servers for OUR viewing pleasure so we wont have hangups or on those special days where there is no access to the site whatsoever..i think enough people frequent this site to fork a $1-2 towards a new server(s) provided it would be takin care of responsibly or someshit..i dont know this is just my cents..im tired of TCP ERRORS..TIMED OUT ERRORS...

MODS/PEOPLES if you aint feelin this idea..CLOSE THIS SHIT..

peace..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by <KEY3>@May 10 2005, 02:32 PM

I'm sure something is already in the masterplan.

I'll leave it open just so people can talk about how much they'd love to support 12oz.

oh... in the mean time..... http://www.fourthehardway.com/

it's a great way to show support AND you get good stuff too!

^^^ahaha that never even dawned on me..now i feel like a asshole..

Its amazing how Tease has been away from this site for song long, yet you are still infatuated with him.

Jeez, hit me up on AIM and ill give you his myspace profile so you can beat off to it.

TURBOMO.

For real kids.

IF you feel the need to support 12oz prophet do go to http://www.fourthehardway.com or make sure to keep the aka NYC books sold out at your spot.

Originally posted by ARCEL+May 10 2005, 06:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ARCEL - May 10 2005, 06:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>the servers were replaced within the last year

[/b]

really i didnt know that.. :rolleyes:

<!--QuoteBegin-Mr. ABC@May 10 2005, 08:16 PM

please believe you'll need to donate more than $1 or $2 to make a difference.

i'm talkin with the man in the mirror.......

hahaha no shit ABC..I was being facetious :naughty: ..it was just to get the thread goin..at least i didnt make a thread that read as follows: "Yo this is **** and this is for that dude you know who you are who did that thing at that place and its a rap when i see you"..

but its all spelled god awfully wrong on purpose so peeps can be cool knowin some of them is from okie mskokie, oklahoma "i want your DOR May-o-naise".. "I aint gonna quit i got no place else to goooo" (insert lou gosset..richard gere) :spin: :loopy: :spin2:

btw dont tease get banned every year..i think he used up all the different variations for tease when he signs up.. :laugh1:

nice thread...

the servers indeed were replaced within the last year. problem is that we outgrew those as quick as they were installed. more upgrades we're done, and now it's at about even to the loads this site creates. unfortunately now, we're peaking out on bandwidth. additionally the bandwidth provider sucks, and their lines seem to frequently have issues which they're slow to respond to. to make matters worse, though the server is about break even with the loads, we've been unable to afford additional battery backups for power failures. we've got several apc units, but the power used by the servers is simply too much after all the upgrades, so when the power fails, the servers clip out. with the servers physically located in florida, and with florida in the midst of hurricane season, this means frequent power interruptions. this is a shitty situation considering there are also no automatic data backups currently.

trust me when i say we're as frustrated by all of this as you guys are. unfortunately, there simply arent the funds to do anything about it at the moment, particularly with how over extended we are from sending our book to production.

to give you an idea on costs, this site consists of 2 apple xserves and a dell. loaded up with ram and drives, they cost about $5500 each. so far, we've spent another $3000 in apc units, and probably need about triple what we have. a decent tape backup with autoloader will be another $3,000. currently we're also using a dedicated t1 line which runs another $1500 a month. lastly, we spend about another $500 a month on misc bullshit including tech support, software upgrades, scripts & coding help, and power. none of this includes the last several servers purchased and then outgrown over the last several years either.