Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

12oz lecture series??? any hope of this?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Apr 9, 2004.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i think it'd be kind of cool to have a little 12oz lecture series go on where members or mods lecture about something they're knowlegeable
    about.
    an irc group i'm a member of did something similar recently, but i'd kind of like to see it on the 12oz board.

what do other members think about an interactive lecture series?

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

i really like that idea....it would make for an interesting thread. Could we perhaps have a choice of 3-4 topics which the mods list and chose 1 and go into detail with it?

topics i would like to see.

1-Fuck Ya'll guide to Los Angeles

2- PGW going into detail about petty scams.

3- Raven talking about the history of 120z

3. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i was thinking along the lines of some of the older writers (30's and up) talking about style, movements, etc. in the culture.

maybe someone involved in the graphic design industry talking about aesthetics, current trends and waht the industry is moving towards, etc..

i dunno, there are countless things i could list that i'd personally be interested in

4. villain

villain Veteran Member

Hey yeah lectures would be cool. It's always cool to see the world in a twisted graffiti wildstyle.... Sure why not. I do it anyways....

5. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

i like to talk about the color wheel.

but i like fatbastards idea as well.

6. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

my attention span is very low these days...

7. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

I could lecture on fixed gear bicycles, computers, video games, home appliances, and evasion of law enforcement (in some cases).

8. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

^^do you ride one now?

i miss it. i need a new wheel set for the summer rides.

9. Dirty_habiT

Yes, but it's a 20" bmx. It's not some cheap ass bike either, and it's not stupid decked out with dumb parts either, it's a solid trail riding bike that's undefeatable. Lifetime warranty frame.

http://www.albes.com/ProductImages/STANDARD250.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.albes.com/ProductImages/wheelphotos/primoprowheels.jpg'>
    Primo Wheelset

10. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

that'd be cool/ any of those.

11. Dirty_habiT

Let's do appliances....

Refridgerator: major thing to check for is busted door liners, which means dried and cracked rubber... this is no good, it let's air out of your fridge and causes temperature inside to not be correct... which in the long run will cause the refridgerator to die... because the compressor works overtime, the thermostatus will burn, the heater coil will burn... etc etc... way to prevent this. With a warm wet washcloth, clean the door liner, and the part where it contacts the cabinet.... once that is done, take some vaseline and put it all the way around the liner, this will keep it from sticking and cause a good seal... also door liners are "moldable" by using a hair dryer on high heat, if the door liner is fucked up and not sitting flat against the cabinet, simply take a hair dryer and slowly heat the offending area.

Also, every so often, you need to take a brush or a vacuum cleaner with a hose, and take the panel off either the back of your fridge, or the front plate.... and clean the dust mess off your coils.... if you fail to do this, you will greatly shorten the life of the refridgerator, the compressor will burn rendering the fridge useless... if your compressor ever burns do not allow someone to replace it, the cost is not worth it, the machine is trash, buy a new one.

I will write more about different appliances here in the future. I hope this helps someone.

12. MasiK

MasiK New Jack

i think this is a great idea. i am always looking for more information about the industry, art, graffiti, etc. Good call!

13. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

representing knowledge bases

• molecular biology
    • genetics
    • cell biology
    • neurobiology
    • calculus
    • microbiology
    • anatomy & physiology

if anyone is interested in lecturing on quantum physics or string theory (i know we've had discussions about that shit) i'd be down

i'd also be interested in lectures on breakdancing (already traversed in J's 'the plan')
    and BMX tricks

14. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

AND where were you when i minored in genetics missy??

j/k

15. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

^^haha either in school
    or trying to forget about it :lol: