12oz Charity Drive

casekonly

i've done this a few times in my past, although it's been a few years. just thought i'd see if others on the board would be interested in helping out those less fortunate this year.

my plan is to go to goodwill, salvation army, etc. and get some stuffed animals in good condition and donate to a couple fo places.

1: the police department. they keep stuffed animals in their cars for children who they encounter on domestic abuse calls, and what have you. it helps alot with younger children.

2: the childrens ward at the hospital. i don't think i need to explain why that's good.

3: maybe pick up some canned goods at the store and donate to a soup kitchen or two.

thanksgiving and x mas are coming up pretty fast so i thought it might be worth mentioning and maybe some heads here could help out in their local community. it's always worth it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I worked in a soup kitchen out on long island a few years ago with my ex g/f. it was pretty cool. I got yelled at from some odd mental guy cause I put too much butter on the bread, so I went in the back and washed the pots and pans.

Yeah, I like the idea of helping the less fortunate, but in a direct way. I’m not a fan of donations because I always have my suspicions.

Originally posted by the_gooch@Oct 26 2004, 11:46 PM

I worked in a soup kitchen out on long island a few years ago with my ex g/f. it was pretty cool. I got yelled at from some odd mental guy cause I put too much butter on the bread, so I went in the back and washed the pots and pans.

Yeah, I like the idea of helping the less fortunate, but in a direct way. I’m not a fan of donations because I always have my suspicions.

*meaning a donation to a charity, not to an individual in need.

Originally posted by casekonly@Oct 26 2004, 11:50 PM

gooch: donating stuffed animals to the police or childrens ward is alot less suspicious than donating cash to an organization. it's more direct and you know they aren't gonna go pawn the stuffed teddy bears or whatever.

no, i agree. didn't i say "Yeah, I like the idea of helping the less fortunate"

i was just saying that in most cases i would rather give directly, like in your stuffed animal suggestion, opposed to some organization.

there are a few things that could be done...food bank donations, teddy bears or stuffed animals, volunteer work, etc.

i was in a store not so long ago and saw a bunch of teddy bears for like $5 a piece. i know most of us don't go in toy stores or whatever, but there are good deals out there. i'd much rather give a kid a new stuffed animal than some used one...i guess it really wouldn't make a lot of difference to a baby or toddler.

edit: gooch, i hear ya. i'm tkaing b-tuss for the flu...my apologies...

Archived