12 oz fitness guide

GucciCondom

Yeah so I've decided to lose a few pounds. I'm 6 foot and weigh 178 and the normal weight for that height on the chart is like 165. It doesnt really seem like I would look much overweight I guess and I don't really my legs are fine and developed from years of bike riding and everything else is fine I just have a little on my stomach..and a little on the dreaded..man boobs! I was thinking of lifting to tighten it up but that will just make it bigger. So I was thinking about just going on a small diet and doing a lot of cardio everyday. Will it work out and all burn off if I go on a diet and do cardio everyday? I lose weight fairly easy, the last time I went on a diet I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks just from drinking water instead of soda and eating a slimfast bar for lunch..then eating whatever the fuck I wanted the rest of the day. Any suggestions?

Feel free to add your tips and questions

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm also trying to lose some weight. I dont look like i need to, but i just feel uncomfortable in my clothes because i guess im getting fat. :(

I've started to go to yoga classes and havent eaten any junk food in a few days(which is hard, cuz i work in a bakery), and i'm gonna try and keep it up. Cardio usually works to slim you down instead of building too much muscle, but running on the treadmill is SoOo boring.

I finally said fuck it to diet pills, they just dont work for me.

It's hard for me to slim down because i dont really eat meat, but i eat a lot of pastas and breads, and stuff like gardenburgers/chik nuggets.

i dont think that helped..but that's what im doing weight loss-wise.

counting calories really helps... at the beginning of this year I lost about 20 #s just from doing that and staying under a certain maximum I'd set for myself...

go here to plug in your height, weight, age, and level of daily activity... it will tell you what your calorie intake for the day should be in order to stay at the same weight. It's fairly easy; you go over that number and you gain, you go under and you lose...

It takes 3500 calories to burn one pound, so if you cut out 500 a day, you should be losing a pound a week... They say that if you lose slowly you're more likely to keep the weight off anyway...

one of the big things for me was cutting out drinking for a while and staying away from sweets and grains...

drop all cola (even diet) right now.

Dont touch that shit ever again.

Drinks a heap of water every day.

Split you meals in half and eat 6 times a day.

This will boost the metabolish big time.

Dont eat ANYTHING within 4 hours of your bedtime.

here's a simple little trick:

if you ride transit, get off one stop before your in each direction and walk it.

It's probably onle like 10 minutes of walking, but it will help.

oh.... walk after every meal

I'm on a low calorie diet right now. Been on it 3 days thus far. It's a bit of a pain in the ass counting all the calories you eat, but hey, at least I don't have to starve myself. I also try (though very unsuccessfully) to run on the treadmill, half an hour a day. I haven't gone at all this week. So very lazy...

I am 5'11 and 180 pounds. My main concern is also the man boobs. The gut could also be cut down.

Does drinking a lot of water help you lose weight?

Yeah I was thinkin about getting a treadmill and running that bitch like an hour or two a day. I also thought about just lifting a little bit and doing some situps and stuff just to help but I found out thats a no no because after like one set my back was all fucked up..then on my second situp i heard "crackkk" and my back was sore as fuck. And thats not because I'm out of shape a lot it's happened for years because when I was younger I fell off my bike on some dirt jump and there was a cinder block on the ground and I landed with the cinder block directly on my back. The a couple years ago I thought it would be faster to get to the wawa by holding onto my friends motor scooter while riding a skateboard..but going 35+ down a hill=death wobble=me flying 20 feet in the air and landing on my neck. After these events my back has never been the same.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Dont touch that shit ever again.

Drinks a heap of water every day.

Split you meals in half and eat 6 times a day.

This will boost the metabolish big time.

Dont eat ANYTHING within 4 hours of your bedtime.

here's a simple little trick:

if you ride transit, get off one stop before your in each direction and walk it.

It's probably onle like 10 minutes of walking, but it will help.

oh.... walk after every meal

Good advice right here.

There's two basic keys anyone should stick to:

1) Less calories

2) More activity

Then again, what do I know. I'm skinny as fuck and can't gain weight even when I try.

if you wanna lose weight & tone your body, SWIM. it's the best workout ever & is great cardio. i've ben swimming distance since 3rd grade & i'm a fucking rail, but the little bit of meat that does exist on these bones is defined. start out slow, increase the ammount of laps every coupla days or so. just before i quit i was swimming a few miles every practice (every day) and it felt great. but now that i smoke heavily, i don't know how long i'd last...

I stopped eating beef on July 4th and since then I lost close to 20 lbs. No change in diet otherwise. Soda , Carbs to death ,no problem. I guess if you have a fast metabolism this will work for you also. I am about to start taking a protein supliment though in order to maintain muscle structure. I refuse to work-out. That shit is something that you have to maintain or else you will be disappointed with your physique just weeks after breaking from your normal routine. So stay fit by doing the cardio. Or just walking to the yard you paint in .Walking to and from work and you will be fine .Healthy over Brawn.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Dont touch that shit ever again.....

seriously...one of the greatest tips ever for being healthier. more people need to realize this. I dropped soda like a bad habit a while ago, drink water like a camel, and can def. feel the dif in healthyness.

I'm 6'2 195lbs, which is technically overweight, but my body fat is only around 5%. Don't trip about your weight too much, just lift weights, eat a lot, eat healthy, and stay active. I've been lifting five days a week for the last year, and I've taken a little hike every day for the last few months. I've made incredible progress, despite my less than optimal diet. If you're trying to get rid of a gut, though, make sure not to drink a lot of beer and eat a lot burritos, that has pretty much prevented me from getting a six pack.

<span style='color:gold'>"Less sugar's and more Enema's"</span>

Taken from 'Interview with a Big Huge Fat Guy' in The Vice, Sylvie Lessard (expert in eastern medicine) say's there's 10 pounds of undigested meat in your intestine's. Along with the sugar's, the meat forms a rubbery coating along your intestines, keeping your body from digesting foods. So essensialy, without digesting food's, the body is starving, and needs more food. I suppose you could just eat less meats... but only pussies cop out on an enema.

That sounds kind of plauseable but...

I eat sugar and meat 5 meal's a day,

weight 150lbs,

6' 4",

and my switch kickflip smith's are untouchable.

but my vegatarian comrades are all under 140lbs. Whatever, I'm tired of typing.

Originally posted by JerryCurl

only pussies cop out on an enema.

[/b]

Spoken like a true he-man..

I have a metabolism that is out of control. I have to eat hella calories and carbs a day just to stay at 155. now that I'm working out and running, i have to double my food intake per day. I have no man boobs, i have an ill six pack and i can run two miles straight w/ out stopping so far. But I have to eat like a horse so i don't lose wieght.

-sleep well

-wake up, do some cardi on the double - first thing. A brisk walk/job around the block a few times, followed by short sprint-bursts. Go to abcbodybuilding and search for HIIT training (or is it HITT? anyways..). It's cardio based on differing intervals of intensity and duration.. It's a bitch to do, and it hurts like nobody's bidness, but it helps - lots.

-cardio BEFORE you eat in morn (see above)

-healthy breakfast, low carbs, low fat (lay off the white bread - avoid eating stacks of toast. Stay the fuck away from eggs and bacon and Cheese-whiz and all that gastly shit). Fresh fruit, OJ and daily multi-vitamin pill is all you need.

-small "meal" 2-3 hours after waking up. (fruit / protein bars work well)

-another small "meal" 2-3 later. (continue this until 2-3 hrs before you would normally eat dinner)

-smaller dinner than normal. Again, healthy

-piece of fruit and 3 glasses of water before bed. (avoid acidic fruits like oranges.. try a banana or an apple instead)

-NO POP/SODA AT ALL.

-NO JUNK/FAST FOOD AT ALL.

-NO DIET PILLS AT ALL.

Fuck diet pills. If you see the need to pop some kind of pill to convince yourself you'll lose weight, then get generic caffiene pills. None of those diet pills do ANYTHING unless they have ephedra in them, but if they do, then don't take them - ephedra fucks you up hardcore style. Caffiene pills just raise heartrate/metabolism a wee bit, and are really only beneficial before a cardio workout, or right as you wake up.