Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

12 oz fitness guide

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GucciCondom, Nov 19, 2003.

1. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

Yeah so I've decided to lose a few pounds. I'm 6 foot and weigh 178 and the normal weight for that height on the chart is like 165. It doesnt really seem like I would look much overweight I guess and I don't really my legs are fine and developed from years of bike riding and everything else is fine I just have a little on my stomach..and a little on the dreaded..man boobs! I was thinking of lifting to tighten it up but that will just make it bigger. So I was thinking about just going on a small diet and doing a lot of cardio everyday. Will it work out and all burn off if I go on a diet and do cardio everyday? I lose weight fairly easy, the last time I went on a diet I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks just from drinking water instead of soda and eating a slimfast bar for lunch..then eating whatever the fuck I wanted the rest of the day. Any suggestions?

Feel free to add your tips and questions

2. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

I'm also trying to lose some weight. I dont look like i need to, but i just feel uncomfortable in my clothes because i guess im getting fat. :(

I've started to go to yoga classes and havent eaten any junk food in a few days(which is hard, cuz i work in a bakery), and i'm gonna try and keep it up. Cardio usually works to slim you down instead of building too much muscle, but running on the treadmill is SoOo boring.

I finally said fuck it to diet pills, they just dont work for me.

It's hard for me to slim down because i dont really eat meat, but i eat a lot of pastas and breads, and stuff like gardenburgers/chik nuggets.

i dont think that helped..but that's what im doing weight loss-wise.

3. imported_YEAHMANWORD

imported_YEAHMANWORD Member

drastically cut down carbohydrates...like 50 grams a day...eat all meat cheese and eggs...stick with water and diet soda

4. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

yea, but what if u really dont eat any meat? I just can't digest meat anymore with my fucked up ass stomach.

Has anyone tried that Dr. Atkins diet? My doctor did it and lost 60 pounds, but it took him a YEAR.:mad:

5. bathoræ

bathoræ Member

counting calories really helps... at the beginning of this year I lost about 20 #s just from doing that and staying under a certain maximum I'd set for myself...

go here to plug in your height, weight, age, and level of daily activity... it will tell you what your calorie intake for the day should be in order to stay at the same weight. It's fairly easy; you go over that number and you gain, you go under and you lose...

It takes 3500 calories to burn one pound, so if you cut out 500 a day, you should be losing a pound a week... They say that if you lose slowly you're more likely to keep the weight off anyway...

one of the big things for me was cutting out drinking for a while and staying away from sweets and grains...

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

drop all cola (even diet) right now.
    Dont touch that shit ever again.

Drinks a heap of water every day.

Split you meals in half and eat 6 times a day.
    This will boost the metabolish big time.

Dont eat ANYTHING within 4 hours of your bedtime.

here's a simple little trick:

if you ride transit, get off one stop before your in each direction and walk it.
    It's probably onle like 10 minutes of walking, but it will help.

oh.... walk after every meal

7. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I'm on a low calorie diet right now. Been on it 3 days thus far. It's a bit of a pain in the ass counting all the calories you eat, but hey, at least I don't have to starve myself. I also try (though very unsuccessfully) to run on the treadmill, half an hour a day. I haven't gone at all this week. So very lazy...

I am 5'11 and 180 pounds. My main concern is also the man boobs. The gut could also be cut down.

Does drinking a lot of water help you lose weight?

8. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

Yeah I was thinkin about getting a treadmill and running that bitch like an hour or two a day. I also thought about just lifting a little bit and doing some situps and stuff just to help but I found out thats a no no because after like one set my back was all fucked up..then on my second situp i heard "crackkk" and my back was sore as fuck. And thats not because I'm out of shape a lot it's happened for years because when I was younger I fell off my bike on some dirt jump and there was a cinder block on the ground and I landed with the cinder block directly on my back. The a couple years ago I thought it would be faster to get to the wawa by holding onto my friends motor scooter while riding a skateboard..but going 35+ down a hill=death wobble=me flying 20 feet in the air and landing on my neck. After these events my back has never been the same.

9. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Good advice right here.

There's two basic keys anyone should stick to:
    1) Less calories
    2) More activity

Then again, what do I know. I'm skinny as fuck and can't gain weight even when I try.

10. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

oh, so you wanna lose weight? take amphetamines

11. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

175 my ass. I've seen pictures of you, you're scrawny as a fucking chicken....

You weigh 150, who you trying to kid?

12. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

*flaunts his hairy man boobs*

13. BOZACK

BOZACK Member

if you wanna lose weight & tone your body, SWIM. it's the best workout ever & is great cardio. i've ben swimming distance since 3rd grade & i'm a fucking rail, but the little bit of meat that does exist on these bones is defined. start out slow, increase the ammount of laps every coupla days or so. just before i quit i was swimming a few miles every practice (every day) and it felt great. but now that i smoke heavily, i don't know how long i'd last...

14. BOZACK

BOZACK Member

^^^also, if you know a swimmer, get some advice on technique, & it'll make you alot more efficient

15. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE Senior Member

I stopped eating beef on July 4th and since then I lost close to 20 lbs. No change in diet otherwise. Soda , Carbs to death ,no problem. I guess if you have a fast metabolism this will work for you also. I am about to start taking a protein supliment though in order to maintain muscle structure. I refuse to work-out. That shit is something that you have to maintain or else you will be disappointed with your physique just weeks after breaking from your normal routine. So stay fit by doing the cardio. Or just walking to the yard you paint in .Walking to and from work and you will be fine .Healthy over Brawn.