What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a plan for my first AG brews and that is to go as simple as possible to learn the base malts and the hops to be able to better make more complex beers in the future.

I've done one Maris Otter - Cascade SMaSH and today did a stout that was as simple as possible, 7kg Maris Otter and 500gm Roast Barley (I would have had 1kg oats in there too but fucking forgot them.....). just 15gm Magnum for FWH and 30gm Pacific Jade at flame out. Once there's space in the fridge I'll do an American Ale - Mosaic SMaSH and possibly another stout but with oatmeal, Dark Crystal and CaraSpec 1 (was given a whole lot for free so that's what I'm using).

After that I'll probably do another smash, just with a 2 row pale and probably Simcoe and a simple porter. Once I have them out of the way and understand what the foundations of these beers are I'll start to experiment and try a few different things.

I've also moved out of the kitchen and am working with a robobrew single vessel system. It was either that or BIAB as I coudn't be fucked going 3 vessel (especially given that the one vessel is actually 2 as you still need an HLT for the sparge).

Starting the day with a cup of coffee and some almond cookies. Having quit my job on Friday I have a fair amount on my mind which got me out of bed at the weekday time on a weekend when I usually slumber for an additional couple of hours. With this extra time I think I will fuck off on the internet and maybe watch youtube videos or something of the like.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...