Icarus Documentary / Russia / Olympics / doping / fair play / drug laws

KILZ FILLZ

If you have Netflix i highly suggest watching Icarus. - - -

Russia has basically defeated the most stringent WADA testing for PEDs at the highest level which is the olympics

If an independent international body cannot keep the Olympics clean, whats the status of amatuer events? People fighting for sponsorships and income

It's already an inequal playing field...

At what point do we put a book mark in the record books and allow juice?

Politically i feel like most folk agree that drug laws dont work. If people want to get fucked, they will find a way.

If athletes want to heal quicker and train harder and it's possible to game the system, they will. It only makes it more unfair for those who follow the rules.

I'm thinking of cycling as I'm writing this but all sports are effected by state doping. If the highest level can't guarantee fair play, atawhat point does it make sense to say fuck it and see some wild fuckin records?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Disclaimer that I'm not much of a sports fan beyond MMA, where doping also occurs. I think fans prefer to see a record made by David Banner, not The Hulk. You look at someone like Babe Ruth, who has the body of a dumpling but smashed records, there's no reason for an athelete to cheat other than they're not good enough to win on their own merit. If you're going to allow doping, if you're going to allow artifical enhancements, then I have a crackhead under a nearby bridge that gets super human strength when he lights up, I think I'll bring him to the next weightlifting trials and show off how a quick hit of moon rocks will make you temporarily stronger than weeks of hormones and other doping agents. No need to practice, work out, or be in shape. Wait until you see the X Games (they're all popping X!). Final thought- atheletes in general are way overpaid and overvalued, cut that back and I think there's less incentive to cheat.

Final thought- atheletes in general are way overpaid and overvalued, cut that back and I think there's less incentive to cheat.

This. When I was in school, the kids that were good at athletics were morons for the most part. Now we have star athletes talking to our youth about politics and swaying opinions because people follow what their favorite athlete says...... not holding the intelligence required to recognize that they're usually not that smart of people to begin with.

Being an athlete is the stripper life style. Your body will wear out and if you didn't make it big and have great habits with your money you're going to be looking at doing something more your speed for your skillset and worn out body like checking bags at walmart.