Toys post here...

swif1

Like said, swallow your pride and take advice. A tag can be simply written, well. Just like the advice on letters, you don't need all sorts of crazy arrows and connections and shit, you need flow.

On names, these days with the internet and shit it's mad easy to see that a name like Life has been taken. Kind of feel like you should change that shit. I know people will say you can always throw a number after your name like Life134 or some shit but IMO go back to the drawing board and get a more original name or have the approval of the person who used that name. Really no reason these days to take a name that has been used already.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Look at people like Bates. His handstyles are sick but simple.

I appreciate you're trying to develop your style and my handstyles are far from amazing however that Life handstyle looks weak like it's too forced.

So many decent names you can write.

I write Alts and Gutrot and have never seen these names used before.

Look dude, if you can’t take a bit of constructive criticism, you picked the wrong culture to get involved with. We’re trying to help you. I don’t know where your from, but the streets can get real as fuck, and if you’re going to cry and defend your garbage tag and put yourself above anyone already, just quit. Graff is going to be nothing but stress for you and you’ll never progress. You’re posting in a toy thread, you obviously know you’re not good, so get your head out of your ass and start simple. Straight letters back to back to back. And i don’t know if there are any heads writing LIFE that have a huge name, but trust me, it’s unoriginal. Almost every city I’ve been to I’ve seen some toy tagging life with a sharpie. Just do yourself a favor and come up with something else. That letter set up is garbage anyways.

• Like 2

I think if you back on this thread to about 2007 then you'll see a shit ton of simple straight letters I did over and over to progress. It is the best way of doing it.[/

Same man, i actually did that the other day. I definitely made a lot of progress in my letter structure, but i definitely have a long way to go. Used to try to do all kinds of crazy unnecessary shit with my pieces and nowadays my style is super simple, but i feel like it looks alright and has a little flavor.

I’m in Detroit & you’re right the streets are real as fuck i know a big ego/not taking good criticism will get me nowhere. I came here because I know I have no skills. Never meant to come off as if I was crying over the criticism, although I did get a tad defensive over my tag because i believe this shit is an art, & when someone tells you the art you’ve been working avidly on sucks it’s a little diminishing. I was simply trying to iterate why I felt my tag was decent. I understand the whole originality aspect of the name I write & knew it had been written long before I ever even picked up a crayon. Reason i chose it is because of what it means to me & I like the way other people can choose to perceive it. Obviously the name & style just isn’t acceptable so I’m gonna write every variation of words I can think of in straight letters until I see some consistency & progress. Hopefully I can ultimately get something that I’m happy with & others think is kinda fly. I appreciate the feedback & advice you’ve given a lot. You could’ve just called me a toy & told my ass to stop writing because I’m an embarrassment but instead you kept it real (which was a tad harsh, but the truth) showing me where I’m slacking & humbly admitting you once walked the same steps.

I’ll be back on here in a while with some new material to see what I still need improvement on but until then just know I’m having a great time learning this shit, & don’t know where my mind would be without it.

Much love,

- Life ;)

So what's up everyone, I made an account and wanted to start posting on here to get some tips, and from what I've been reading so far, I already have a couple ideas of where to start and what I need to go back and work on. I'm not going to act like I'm the least bit good, because I'm toy enough to know that I'm not shit, and for that, I need my shit to be torn apart a good couple times

[ATTACH=full]242062[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]242063[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]242065[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]242066[/ATTACH]

What markers do you use for pieces like these? I like the colors, man.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sup yall. Used to lurk hard on 12oz yeeears ago under the forum name miskone or miskoner (dont remember the username or password). Either way, I used to write MISK for a very short time and then COMO when I found out it was taken. Wrote a lot in blackbooks during high school and just here and there after graduating. Recently I connected with a writer at work and we both agreed I needed a new name. He had some spare names in his mind he really liked but EQIP fit me best since Im always equiped with a big ass messenger bag. He let me have the name after developing a style for it and I hope to develop it further, so here I am. Prob not the place for introductions but it is what it is. 

IMG_20180701_084418.jpg

40 minutes ago, EQIP said:

Sup yall. Used to lurk hard on 12oz yeeears ago under the forum name miskone or miskoner (dont remember the username or password). Either way, I used to write MISK for a very short time and then COMO when I found out it was taken. Wrote a lot in blackbooks during high school and just here and there after graduating. Recently I connected with a writer at work and we both agreed I needed a new name. He had some spare names in his mind he really liked but EQIP fit me best since Im always equiped with a big ass messenger bag. He let me have the name after developing a style for it and I hope to develop it further, so here I am. Prob not the place for introductions but it is what it is. 

IMG_20180701_084418.jpg

If you want us to search out your old 12oz account, just hit the support link and let us know. Regardless, welcome back!

30 minutes ago, misteraven said:

If you want us to search out your old 12oz account, just hit the support link and let us know. Regardless, welcome back!

Would be sick to take control of it again, thanks! Will hit up support soon.

Edited by EQIP

equip maybe focus on making the letters all have the same heights and spaced appropriately away from each otehr.  having said that the one in the bottom right is the best of the batch for me.   has a nice downward sland and spacng and letters thicknessare coo.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:24 PM, freakeenyc said:

equip maybe focus on making the letters all have the same heights and spaced appropriately away from each otehr.  having said that the one in the bottom right is the best of the batch for me.   has a nice downward sland and spacng and letters thicknessare coo.

Thank you for the feedback. Got too excited to try and flow with some of the first ones but they ended up all stiff and disproportionate. But yeah, I like the slant thing going too! 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I love straight letters, so this is cool. Think you just need practice so you’re doing your letters from muscle memory and super clean. 3D’s going up feels non standard and kinda like that. Assume they normally always go down to give the illusion you’re looking up at a piece instead of down on it. 

Just keep at it man. You’ll dial it in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

3D’s going up feels non standard and kinda like that. Assume they normally always go down to give the illusion you’re looking up at a piece instead of down on it. 

Just keep at it man. You’ll dial it in. 

thank youuuuuuuuuu, 3d is rusty! 
Heres another in color for shits and giggles

37047462_10216098075745925_7807809034374873088_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Spacing of the letters is key too. They seem smushed. And like even consistency of the bars. Like the left bar of the a is thicker than the right bar. And heights. The second a is shorter than the other letters. It's all about consistency and learning how to break it there after

• Like 2

On 7/26/2018 at 10:31 PM, freakeenyc said:

Spacing of the letters is key too. They seem smushed. And like even consistency of the bars. Like the left bar of the a is thicker than the right bar. And heights. The second a is shorter than the other letters. It's all about consistency and learning how to break it there after

been trying to work on heights and space. and letters still lol. 

38033467_10216257280085934_484045734836961280_n.jpg

38257389_10216257286606097_6741401386723835904_n.jpg