The Hip Hop Thread

Brink

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yung lean and bones pixelated tears, xxxtentacion sippin tea in yo hood, Xavier wulf bluntz on my mind, ztarve carousel, playboy the beast self made self paid, dieabolik the monster fear of falling, dieabolik the monster if I tried, ztarve excorcist, slug Christ impregnate a goddess, bones butterfly, dose one self explanatory, oldominion parallel to hell, jedi mind tricks,

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What are you doing CALIgula?

Oh nothing, just making a list. (Subject to change)

1. 2Pac

2. Biggie Smalls

3. Eminem

4. Big Pun

5. Redman

6. Tech N9ne

7. Rakim

8. Black Thought

9. Busta Rhymes

10. Masta Ace

11. Wordsworth

12. Nas

13. Big L

14. Apathy

15. The Last Emperor

tech over rakim and big l? ehhhh idk

Maybe not if rakim woulda came out with that album he was working with dre on...as for big L..i wish his life wouldn't of been cut so short...his word play was very on point. ..he coulda came out with way more music. .but i guess I'm being a hater cause pun didn't put out that many albums either but he's at my 4...it is subject to change though especially if tech puts out wack shit in the future...but as far as the game goes he changed it by putting out tons of music on his independent label..that's partly why i ranked him as high as i did. ..cause it was a game changer

• 3 weeks later...
im always surprised mos def doesnt make more top 10 lists. I think lyrically hes insanely talented, and he has a decent body of work. Guru as well would be top 10 for me, maybe Jeru and KRS as well

i was just listening to mos def on my drive home about 20 minutes ago...i like some of the stuff he did with talib (black star) but for some reason, even with dope lyrics i cant put him on my top 10. guru (RIP) was dope but same thing as mos def, for some reason i just cant put him that high on my list...maybe late teens as far as ranking goes...thats just my personal opinion.....i cant stand jeru the damajas voice or style so he wouldnt make it high on my list...KRS has been around for a minute and while ive been to one of his shows and met him twice, i sometimes feel his lyrics are a bit corny...like talking about the "13 elements of hip hop" and shit.

i was just listening to mos def on my drive home about 20 minutes ago...i like some of the stuff he did with talib (black star) but for some reason, even with dope lyrics i cant put him on my top 10. guru (RIP) was dope but same thing as mos def, for some reason i just cant put him that high on my list...maybe late teens as far as ranking goes...thats just my personal opinion.....i cant stand jeru the damajas voice or style so he wouldnt make it high on my list...KRS has been around for a minute and while ive been to one of his shows and met him twice, i sometimes feel his lyrics are a bit corny...like talking about the "13 elements of hip hop" and shit.

Fair enough, id still place Guru and Mos up higher on my personal list. But yea, KRS can get a bit corny