Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/6/2018 at 1:50 PM, DyS$kysE said:

lorne you are very talented man those are some nice ass charcters

heres some art not mine but someones i aint know where to post it

3910009414_e723702420_z.jpg.b991cb3e23c28cbb65bd6b943cad1fd7.jpg

I painted the Ronald McDonald pictured here and Sense3 painted the people in the stands. 

Edited by the_gooch
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1144804444_bushstickercopy.jpg.d28ba3ad3dca784814bcff30e9f6ce32.jpg

Ordered a bunch of vinyl stickers of this in ~2002ish, there are still a bunch up I've spotted and who knows how many I gave away that got slapped  up elsewhere.

bushoil2.gif.1ef0d7feec46025186fe8036cefda036.gif

Intended for more stickers...  but felt like the design could be better on this but couldn't figure out where to go with it.

homeless_change.jpg.1c4541b2d23a18b0bcca16bf7110ef48.jpg

Made from one of my photos leading up to the Obama campaign when the economic crash was happening. 

Was planning on getting vinyl stickers printed but couldn't afford it because economic crash ate my job.

Stained Glass:

This one was a Christmas present for my mom.  13 separate panels instead of going ez-mode and replacing the wood lattice in the door.  Unfortunately was limited in glass choices to what our shop considered "scrap" so I couldn't go as complicated as I wanted, but it turned out good. 
winstall1.jpg.5a61d1b1782f2f9b43ca66935f97e7bb.jpg

windone.jpg.d68aa595bd691a0507f0f8da93363ced.jpg

Made for fun early on to practice, given as present to girl I was friends with back in the day.

window_snake.jpg.49adbe2e32e4a7cc4c8f4eab65107cb6.jpg

Various stuff I worked in the craftsmanship end and / or glass type / color selection and all the rest.  The shop owner always designed the windows, which meant she copied them from books, but she wanted to feel useful so I don't blame her.

New window for church foyer (protip:  the angel's trumpets craft paper templates had dicks drawn on them during layout.  so did the glass.)

window_angels.thumb.jpg.1abb4bc89ed9fad3b2df638edd76bf34.jpg

I did most color selection for these, and everything else.  I forget how many pieces of glass each was, but it was kind of terrifying.   Dude who owned them was a multi-millionaire buying them for a house in the Philippines...   so instead of charging him an industry standard price, she undercharges him, takes a loss on materials, shipping,  and kinda on labor, but she only paid $9 an hour so that wasn't a big part of it.   Overall I think she billed him like $3k each for these.   She's out of business now.  Can you guess why?

dragon.thumb.jpg.609d88e6c58da14de72d4c8d9c5549cd.jpg

phoenix.thumb.jpg.48ad529717523739d2e2b7662faccb22.jpg

Not much else on hand, a ton of the work was just restorations of big church windows and not too exciting.  

We were good at it but it's not work you really notice at full scale. 

Lots of other stuff I either didn't do the majority of work on or was just clear glass / beveled shit for houses.   

Also all of these have decent amounts of blood on / in them somewhere.  Slicing yourself open constantly goes with the job. 

Would still be doing this if I could find somebody paying enough to live off of with an opening.  I'm not rich enough to start my own business. 

• Like 2

Yeah, one of the guys I worked with there that had been doing it a lot longer and was better than me at it started a shop up after the owner pissed him off for the 80th time.  She closed down a year later and he was still pretty low on business on that end...  he was doing a bunch of really cool shit with custom chopper style bicycles / bmx and making more off that last I talked to him, but we were in a kinda poor area.   There are some shops in Chi still doing some really cool stuff too.  Lots of the old arts / skilled trades are dying off like that though.  You don't see as many old school carpenters around either...   stuff costs a small fortune to be done right but the end result is so far above what you can get otherwise...

I could definitely pick it up again pretty quick, so it's something on the back burner until the opportunity arises. 

Edited by GnomeToys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...