Great Quotes.

King Of Hell

"Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who’ve ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won’t. We’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off."

-chuck palahniuk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gentlemen, to we few. We who have shared each other's company, each other's cares, each other's joys, and who shall now reap the fruits of our communal efforts, shoulder to shoulder,

from each according to his abilities, so forth and whatnot. We have had our little differences

along the way, but I'd like to think that they've only made us value one another all the more. Each of us coming to understand and appreciate the other's unique qualities and potencies and, yes, foibles.

I suggest that we shall look back upon this little caper one day, one distant day, grandchildren dandled upon our knee, and perhaps a tear will form and we shall say, "Well, with wit and grit and no small amount of courage, we accomplished something on that day, a feat of derring-do, an enterprise not ignoble."

We merry band, unbound by the constraints of society and the prejudices of the common ruck. We happy few. Gentlemen, to us!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. an alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out.”

― Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper

“But a desperate heart will seduce the mind.”

― Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper

the absence of a message is the presence of one

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
"Many a great man has dug his own grave with his dick".

Unknown

This quote has led me to making wise decisions many times over the years - think with the head on your shoulders, not the head in your pants!

Unfortunately theres only enough blood to have 1 going at a time