hats

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a pretty big collection of hats. About 90% Dodgers or affiliates. It's about 4-5 New Era hat carriers. I try and checkout lids or eBay for new stuff. I also took advantage of a crazy sale at the stadium a few years ago where fitted hats were 5-10$. Some were kinda weird color ways including orange and black that I'd never wear but still felt the need to get. I have to reorganize them and I'll snap a pic.

Picked up an Ebbets Field vintage Army ball cap. Good quality, made in USA. Bit pricey though.

Wanted to check them out as a possibility for a 12oz ballcap, but there’s not enough options for the trims and design. Basically only allows for an appliqué on the front.

Anyhow, curious how many might be interested in a 12oz ball cap.

@glorydays @6Pennies ?

1413F551-123A-4095-8F88-4BAED8432A7D.jpeg.968434d124273552b2a50ba794b64c40.jpeg

• Like 2

Curious how many people still wear fitted hats? All the people I knew that did, seem to all prefer snap backs now.

Also, baseball cap or admiral cap? Personally I usually prefer the lower profile of an admirals cap or at least an unstructured baseball cap that sort of sits low. Regular baseball caps makes me look like an over grown toddler half the time.

I buy fitted. Though it's getting harder to make purchases online. As the quality control had gotten worse. Sometimes my normal size is huge. You used to be able to count on New Era hats made in USA. China sizes were sketchy. But not anymore all hats are sketchy. Plus you can't really find made in USA ones. Troublesome when you get 5 Dodgers on the field hats and some were China and some we're USA sizes. Still I only buy adjustable snapback, Velcro, or buckle style if the hat is only available in that style. I used to buy new era low profile hats. Then they stopped making them. Now I've gotten kinda used to the big crown.

I think snapbacks have taken off because brands and stores can produce low numbers so as not to have a huge investment and the space needed to store various size hats. Along with the small batches they can market them as limited.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had custom new era hats made? I used to get Black LA ones with a 3 color embroidery (red, gold, green). [see profile pic] But the place I used to buy from doesn’t sell hats anymore so my connect is dead. Had someone break into my car and snag it. I have one more. But looking to purchase more to lower anxiety levels of never having one again. Even if I have to buy in bulk.  Wondering what cost and numbers are needed to place an order. If that isn’t feasible I have a connect in China that makes bootleg jerseys, sunglasses, and shoes that can make one off stuff. But quality is hit or miss at times. Prefer going the legit way.  

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone had custom new era hats made? I used to get Black LA ones with a 3 color embroidery (red, gold, green). [see profile pic] But the place I used to buy from doesn’t sell hats anymore so my connect is dead. Had someone break into my car and snag it. I have one more. But looking to purchase more to lower anxiety levels of never having one again. Even if I have to buy in bulk.  Wondering what cost and numbers are needed to place an order. If that isn’t feasible I have a connect in China that makes bootleg jerseys, sunglasses, and shoes that can make one off stuff. But quality is hit or miss at times. Prefer going the legit way.  

Rumour I've heard is it's near impossible to get custom new era these days. New era keeping all that custom goodness to themselves.  However, I also know they dropping blanks at hat shops (but licencing means the shop can't customise). So the work around appears to be, buy a blank and find a non-affiliated embroidery place to do the work. 

Hope this helps.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:33 AM, misteraven said:

Curious how many people still wear fitted hats? All the people I knew that did, seem to all prefer snap backs now.

Also, baseball cap or admiral cap? Personally I usually prefer the lower profile of an admirals cap or at least an unstructured baseball cap that sort of sits low. Regular baseball caps makes me look like an over grown toddler half the time.

I buy new era 59/50s still....I usually get my hands on supreme when they drop

I really fucking love ebbet's 6 panels

19 hours ago, misteraven said:

I ordered an Ebbets hat and looked into their custom program. Very expensive, but was willing to try it since MOQ's are low. Problem I had with it is that there is very little you can actually customize on it so it's hardly different than just buying one off their website.

id cop that...twill or wool, both materials are very soft

I have ebbet's hats from different NY skate brands: quartersnacks, alltimers, and lurknyc

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, misteraven said:

mind linking me to a few or posting images? curious what they did within the limits of the custom program.

yea you got it...the hats I got were from 2014-2015

ill try to find them

alltimers_0128_61.jpg

quartersnacks-qs-top-10-cap-black.jpg

tumblr_nn29hfVFFB1rku4n7o2_1280.jpg

Edited by glorydays

38 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Thanks. Might give them another look. You recall the price range these were selling at? Assume all we're likely in the $40 - $50 range?

it was around the 45-55 range...quartersnacks was the cheapest at 45

the critic hat was 55 from alltimers

the lurknyc hat was around 46