in debt, out of debt, back in debt

breakfast menu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I graduated high school a year later than planned, joined the marines seeing as I didn't want to be where I was at and if I was going to do it might as well do it all the way. Fast forward to now I am now out of the military 1year and 6 months, mid twenties without a clue as to what I want to do with myself I've been working jobs here and there, barbacking and warehouse jobs, just to make ends meet. I'm currently enrolled in college only really doing it for the money and I guess a education wouldn't be bad either. Still I can't see myself wasting another four years on an education I won't be using. Also currently on third round hiring process of fire rescue for the county.

I guess what I'm trying to say is should I do this college thing or this fire rescue thing?

I pologize for my shitty sentences and stuff

Tight pants wearing faggot 2021? Haha

I suggest using GI bill to get your Master Blackbelt LEAN Sigma Six certification and using it to get a GS job with the govt. You can take the classes online from various unis. They can't find enough people to full the jobs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading back through this. I had to go look up what Master Blackbelt LEAN Sigma Six was. I kept scanning information thinking I was going to see some reference to martial arts somewhere and was wondering to myself what that will do to pay the bills. I was wrong about my initial thinking on what that was.

I gave some consideration to some other things that can help people looking to grow and advance in the job market. If you intend to stick to one type of job, like I have, networking can be one of your biggest assets. I mean networking with people. Do NOT burn any bridges if possible even with people you do not like or get along with. The reason for this is simple.... if you work in an industry where the best people doing it are only a small handful you're GOING to run into these people again. One day you might get hired at a new company and find out that person you didn't like is now your manager or a senior engineer on the project you're working on. If you did things previously that caused strife in the work place you can bet your ass that the office politics will not play well for you under someone like that. I've seen it happen a ton of times and I work with people at my current job that I've worked at two other jobs in the past with.

A good example of how networking pays off: I have a buddy that I worked with 6 years ago that I've kept in touch with. We are currently working on a project together that leverages new technology in a market that has an absolute shit ton of money to spend that has been stuck in the stone ages technology wise. If I had treated him like just another co worker that didn't matter after I left the company we worked at together we wouldn't be exploring an opportunity like this together today.

These salaries are likely private sector. You may only be contracted for a short term project or possibly long term position, but if you don't produce results you'll be released. If you use your cert and go GS for govt you may make less but will have extreme job security and full benefits. This certification gains you a GS-12 position most times. Check out the wage breakdown for whatever they make this year.

Screenshot_20170901-140607.thumb.png.dcc8635c94fb4a976602d69a68c3a853.png

• Like 1

Fuck it, this new image hosting is so easy why not.

OP, other than a med or law degree this may be the best use of your GI Bill. You likely already have yellow belt certification from your military time. I would like to reiterate: they cannot find enough people with this cert to fill positions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screenshot_20170901-142607.thumb.png.e2a9e9fc0aca233f0c5e6e87b8da37f5.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

General schedule, 12.

Scale only goes to 15. Dudes at the pentagon are 15s n shiet.

I can't see any sigs on mobile!? There are still sigs? Thought they were gone.

Are there tic tacs and post count on desktop too?