The "Your Day in Pies" Photothread (non artistic)

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Hua Guofang https://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/10/montana-man-posts-bloody-facebook-video-following-grizzly-bear-attack/

Short answer. No.

I remember reading that you can shoot a grizzly skull point blank with a 9mm and it won't penetrate the skull. (Could be urban legend, though) You need around a .45 to do the job, so its not so simple a solution unless you get an eye or straight up the nose.

I'm dealing with Black Bears and I suspect that the one(s) I see is on the larger size based on looking at some people's videos online. There are still larger bears like what @Fist 666 posted. Don't know that you're correct about not penetrating the skull but you are right that the 9mm is not the correct choice for that job, have to start at least at .44. BTW, there are people who pistol hunt big game like bear, tempted to say the NRA museum has some of that collected but yeah, talk about hand cannons.

@vanfullofretards mountain lions are on the rare side by me but they have been seen before and I'm always carrying that thought in the back of my mind. Would be pretty fucking scary up close, I've heard it said that if you have kids with you and you see a mountain lion to pull them in close because a mountain lion may try to go for them.

A ranger was killed by a grizzly in the past year after running into it on his mountain bike, believe the bear bit right through the helmet. Huge, huge animal, here's a vid of "pet" one playing around.

• Like 1

Maybe I should buy a horse. Someone pull up those pics of the horse fucking up a mountain lion.

***edit. CHRIST... I just tried to google what I was thinking of and came up with waaay more pictures of dead horses attacked by mountain lions. Brutal.

@One Man Banned - the best advice I've seen is posted around state parks here. Don't run, back away slowly and don't make eye contact. Who the hell knows if that actually helps.

@One Man Banned - the best advice I've seen is posted around state parks here. Don't run, back away slowly and don't make eye contact. Who the hell knows if that actually helps.

Prevents- no. Helps- yes. Staring at their eyes is like a challenge for dominance. Somewhere back a few pages I got a flick of a bobcat, mainly because he's staring at me saying fuck you, I aint moving.