The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i met up with this local rapper. And i showed him my blog and spoke to him about his music. He wants me to do an interview now because " you ask alot of good questions" but i was just feeling the situatuon out and his attitude, you know asking about his new album.

He asked for a price and i didnt quote him one. So i dont know how to go about it. Am i charging him for my skills at taking photos? Or am i charging him for my time spent taking taking photos... Eh idk he is a photo of hos dog.

1834325707_goodolscabby.thumb.jpg.d4773f1a43e82e214fbecc75c89d04bd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did not read much of the app rant. Nice pics. 1st thought is are Bone Thugs still around and does anyone even know who they are anymore, lolz. That was hot for a minute in 96. Tattoo on boxer's back says "valuable," wonder if that's what he wanted/thought it was. All bongs use water, that's not a "water bong" that's a gravity bong. BTW, the word bong comes from a Thai word. And that's one to grow on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, those are all manipulated. Tried many variations on liquid, including baby oil. Eventually settled on actual water but the drops were each done separately.

We used an eye dropper to puddle them on a similar material and shot that. Then used the eye dropper to shoot it on the show itself with each bit shot separately.

Then in post production, pulled out the best ones and combined it into a master image and also enhanced the highlights and shadows so it had more depth and looks more *liquidy*.

• Like 2

The main talking point on that show was it was water proof. So idea was to show those big rain drops and how it repells water. On hydrophobic materials, water sort of beads and you get these big lush drops and also these weird beads of spray that often sort of gather back into big drops as they roll into each other.

That’s the idea / feeling I was looking to communicate with that shot.

• Like 1

Boss level.

Work photos... Some more stuff at http://www.12ozcollective.com

[ATTACH=full]247378[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247379[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247380[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247381[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247382[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247383[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247384[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247385[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247386[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247387[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]247388[/ATTACH]

@6Pennies honestly it was really fun for a while. Pay felt like a lot at the time, but never kept up to high above costs. But we always got VIP at the best parties, got floated the hardest to get quick strike drops (often before the drops) and had a lot of people sweating what we were doing for a good long time. Was easy to get caught up in all that when Mark Parker is dropping by your studio and every day, you're waking through Soho to work with the kicks that even the cool kids could rarely get back in those days.

In hindsight, given the chance, I wouldn't have gone that route. Rather I'd have stayed focused on my own projects, most especially 12ozProphet. But hindsight is 20/20, those were fun days (and massively stressful ones as well) and I suppose I wouldn't be who I am or be where I am, had I not gone through all of it. Would have been great if the ghost of Christmas future tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me not to lose sight of what's really important though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...