What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today is a big day for movies for me.

I don't think I've ever seen episodes 4-6 of Star Wars, especially after age 10 as I can remember distinct scenes--but no story or context. I am a contrarian and was always annoyed with Star Wars because people were so fucking die-hard about it (for the same reason it took me years to give Radiohead or Tool a serious listen). Fans' vehemence bugs the living shit out of me, always has.

Anyhow. Going to marathon 4-6 today. Have plenty of beer, going to get pizza in a bit and start this shit. Wish me luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

went and saw sausage party with my girlfriend on opening night.....didnt really know what to expect, but it ended up being a lot of adolescent male type of humor and innuendos...scale of 1-10 i gave it like a 5...they definitely had a good concept and could have gone in a better direction but chose not too.

Just finished watching The Karate Kid (the new one with jackie chan and will smiths son).

Call me old school, but I liked the original so much better and the new one ripped off waaay too much from the the original.

speaking of will smith...i think i will quote him from the summertime song to show how i feel about the karate kid:

If it aint broke....then dont try to fix it.

• 2 months later...

The+Boy+2015.jpg?format=300w

Saw a bunch of recent movies... this one is from 2015, not to be confused with another movie of the same title. Believe this won an independent film award or 2, it's in the horror genre but not much scary here. This is a story of a boy's descent into psychopathy, has your standard killing animals, lighting fires, etc. Probably not worth owning, not sure if I would give this an award, but the boy does a good acting job IMO.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...