The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I caught a radio story this morning about chronic traumatic encephalopathy, CTE, and Dave Mirra. Doctors don't think helmets do anything for this, helmets protect the skull, but don't CTE can develop without skull injuries. Just lots of concussions.

It worries me a bit. I've had 7 concussions between BMX/MTB/fights/war. I'm sure he had far more than that, but I wonder how many before CTE starts forming...

• 2 months later...

Here's my custom build. It was a Midschool Haro Group 1 ci, 1995 Model. It has been lying around in the shed since I was a kid. I decided to go with a racing theme as it was originally a mid level light weight racing bike and I decided to do a PK Ripper orange and white colour theme because they just pop so much! It was my first build and a lot of the parts I'm not 100% happy with mostly due to the oranges not matching perfect and I wish I found a better sticker kit. By far the best part on this bike are the Fusion 3 piece cranks, I scored them from a small local bikeshop. The guy had them tucked away and probably thought he would never sell them. They still had the original mid 90's price tag on them, $330 AUD!! I knocked him down to half price. I was going to just hang it on my wall and let it collect dust, but fuck it! I ride it to the shops every now and then...805663982_HARO201_zpsvbeqj7yr.thumb.jpg.fed4294ec10081738d93dd456b8ab28e.jpg

1025346512_HARO202_zps16zrf4ta.thumb.jpg.8e66794ce836b5100b4c0ed4f256efed.jpg

• Like 3

Nice build. I did a replica freestyle for my wife -

[ATTACH=full]216130[/ATTACH]

If you're free on Saturday, head down to the Pumphouse at Darling Harbour at 11am for the Christmas City ride.

Yo, that's so similar ;) Nice one, the fluro green is nice indeed. I would like to get the original fluro yellow group 1zi* they brought out in 94. I think I will get another set of wheels for my build. Orange anodized high quality racing rims (spoked) Will change the appearance so much.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Bump.

@Brickoshow many rides you have now and how do you store em all?

Built up. Mid-school harp Revo with twin top tubes recently. Kept it yellow and didn't put too much effort into sourcing parts as it's to be ridden not hung on a wall. 

Will get pics next I'm in the garage. 

What happened to @R@ndomH3ro??

• 1 year later...

Huffy was in Le Tour. 

---

A kid in my apartment complex had one of these when I was growing up. Never let me try it out. You didn't let other kids ride your bike because that's how you got it stolen. 

---

DR SHOCKS!!! 

IMG_20190828_181449_075.jpg

gE8R2FG1SEYhVjNMCw80jOYHvOeB73WMdg7HCrx2Bok.jpg

20160929_18364057f0bb53b2_lg.jpg

20160929_18352457f0ba95d6_lg.jpg

Huffy was in Le Tour. 

---

A kid in my apartment complex had one of these when I was growing up. Never let me try it out. You didn't let other kids ride your bike because that's how you got it stolen. 

---

DR SHOCK!!!  Frane geometry seem weird to anyone else? 

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...