Books

Brink

• 2 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I recently browsed through a book called Wanderings, but it was such a thought challenger that I realized so much of my youth was owed to Jews, since I had a lot of them as false familial friends, or however an educated person would say, my mom's friends and their kids.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't become what you think your future girlfriends would want you to be, especially if they are Berkeley educated photographers, with red lipstick.

I recently browsed through a book called Wanderings, but it was such a thought challenger that I realized so much of my youth was owed to Jews, since I had a lot of them as false familial friends, or however an educated person would say, my mom's friends and their kids.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't become what you think your future girlfriends would want you to be, especially if they are Berkeley educated photographers, with red lipstick.

well thanks, i just wanted some good book titles to check out though

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any books for interior inspirations? Or is Pinterest better for that?

Not a book publication specifically but I picked up an edition of Dwell magazine for a flight or something awhile back; it's pretty 'design' heavy but was fun to look through and had some real slick interior and exterior designs.

https://www.instagram.com/dwellmagazine/?hl=en

I picked up this issue - it was about those 1960's conversation pits. They're so ridiculous, I want one.

dwl-1504249200-225x300.jpg.3e685971b132bacff5abd0b6231ffbba.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

One of my favorite books on t-shirt graphics. This particular book documents t-shirts from Upper Playground from 1999 to 2009. The works featured in this 10 year anniversary edition are cutting edge to say the least. Many of the artists have been featured on Upper Playground apparel, others have been exhibited at the countless shows, events and parties staged each year in the Upper Playground store and gallery. Artists featured in this 10th Anniversary edition include Rob Abeyta Jr., Aiko, Alex One, Amaze, Armsrock, Augor, Herbert Baglione, Will Barras, Basco, Bast, Bigfoot, Blade, Mark Bode, Boogie, Tiffany Bozic, David Choe, Richard Colman, Coro, Cope, Craola, Cum, Cycle, Dalek, Date Farmers, Daze, Dr. Lakra, Dug 1, Nate Van Dyke, Eine, El Mac, David Ellis, Ron English, Ewok, Faile, Jeremy Fish, Sam Flores, Blaine Fontana, Ghost, Mike Giant, Grey, Grotesk, Maya Hayuk, Hera, Logan Hicks, Aaron Horkey, Andy Howell, Cody Hudson, Hydro 74, Paul Insect, Iz the Wiz, Jo Jackson, Rich Jacobs, Andy Jenkins, Jeremeyville, Joker, JR, Denis Kennedy, Dave Kinsey, Augustine Kofie, Koralie, Henry Lewis, Anthony Lister, London Police, Marok, Mars-1, Mario Martinez, Patrick Martinez, Masa, Matzu, Maxx 242, Mear One, Mr. Jago, Morning Breath, Andy Mueller, Munk One, Nome, Nunca, Saelee Oh, Estevan Oriol, Alex Pardee, Chris Pastras, Phase 2, Ricky Powell, Raza Uno, Retna, Revok, Revolt, Albert Reyes, Saber, Dave Schubert, Seak, Sickboy, Michael Sieben, Chris Silva, Skinner, Slick, Damon Soule, SSUR, Stash, Tofer, Ben Tour, Urban Medium, Usugrow, Vitche, Zephyr and many more.

Hardcover: 612 pages
Full Color

7750516506_efc6f2354c_z.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2016 at 8:30 PM, Brink said:

So I just recently got Juxtapoz-Illustration, and Jessica Hische-In Progress

Im looking for other art/design/photography books, any suggestions?

I think the best book for art/design topic is tutorial on the youtube or sites like vimeo or behance. This is a combination of inspiration and education.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...