If a graffiti writer writes next to you.

Vandlism

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

back when I first started I did basically the same shit, I wanted to meet up with this one writer so I put my name next to his whenever I seen it up, eventually we met at a park (no homo) and caught tags on all the benches and then the police came and I went to jail. FRIENDS FOR LIFE after that

not really, dude doesn't even write anymores.

• Like 1

random story:

-bombed a spot with homie on other side of my city

-next day drove by to see it, it was dissed by some toy (who had actually been around forever)

-apparently bombed wall literally right in front of his apartment

-went back and dissed his shit

-wall gets buffed

-like two months later randomly on a chat line (this was before cell phone days so it was literally a local phone number you called and you could have a group chat with random people from your city--called the "party line") hear him repping his graffiti name and crew amongst all the chatter

-i say "fuck (name & crew)"

-he says "fuck you, what do you write"

-i tell him

-we talk about the wall and the dissing

-we talk shit

-the next day im on the chat line again....so is he..he says lets squash beef and go bombing together...gives me a place to meet up

-i think were going to fight, so i show up ready to throw down

-he shows up with a homie and gives me props for showing saying "i didnt think you were going to really show up"

-end up bombing with him and his homie.

-kick it other times...catch tags, racking, etc

-dont hear from him for a few months

-random phone call from him: "yo caligula, what you doin?"

-"im chillin"

-"hey man, my girl kicked me out of my apartment so i walked to the liquor store got some lottery tickets and won $300...i got a hotel room and im chillin come through and kick it"

-i go....hotel is in one of the worst parts of town, and is old and run down....hes in there smoking meth

-"whats up caligula....blah blah blah...yeah so i won this money and got this room for a couple of nights and just called a hooker to come through so i can fuck"

-fat nasty hooker shows up...they smoke meth together as i watch....hooker says shes ready to fuck him but i have to leave....so i leave (at about 5am in the morning)

-go home....few weeks later get a call on my cell phone from county jail.

-"yo caligula whats up"

-"not much man, you locked up?"

-"yeah....blah blah blah"

-a few more months later i get a call

-"yo caligula im moving to the midwest, bye"

-"bye man"

never heard from him since.

the end

• Like 5

probably not many....ive come across a lot of coward writers who talk shit and when confronted face to face dont do or say shit...i confronted one who was with his entire crew at a pool hall and it was only me and one of my friends....or theyre cool to your face and then later go online and talk shit...like the two guys who were cool with me and my friends when we randomely ran into them in the freight yard and then went back to a graffiti forum and said they let us slide through "their yard" without a fight....lol.

the only one writer who i knew that would really take it to beyond a fight and would probably kill a person doesnt even write anymore but showed up to another writers apartment with his crew and a loaded shotgun because of a sticker over a scribe....wack.

random story:

-bombed a spot with homie on other side of my city

-next day drove by to see it, it was dissed by some toy (who had actually been around forever)

-apparently bombed wall literally right in front of his apartment

-went back and dissed his shit

-wall gets buffed

-like two months later randomly on a chat line (this was before cell phone days so it was literally a local phone number you called and you could have a group chat with random people from your city--called the "party line") hear him repping his graffiti name and crew amongst all the chatter

-i say "fuck (name & crew)"

-he says "fuck you, what do you write"

-i tell him

-we talk about the wall and the dissing

-we talk shit

-the next day im on the chat line again....so is he..he says lets squash beef and go bombing together...gives me a place to meet up

-i think were going to fight, so i show up ready to throw down

-he shows up with a homie and gives me props for showing saying "i didnt think you were going to really show up"

-end up bombing with him and his homie.

-kick it other times...catch tags, racking, etc

-dont hear from him for a few months

-random phone call from him: "yo caligula, what you doin?"

-"im chillin"

-"hey man, my girl kicked me out of my apartment so i walked to the liquor store got some lottery tickets and won $300...i got a hotel room and im chillin come through and kick it"

-i go....hotel is in one of the worst parts of town, and is old and run down....hes in there smoking meth

-"whats up caligula....blah blah blah...yeah so i won this money and got this room for a couple of nights and just called a hooker to come through so i can fuck"

-fat nasty hooker shows up...they smoke meth together as i watch....hooker says shes ready to fuck him but i have to leave....so i leave (at about 5am in the morning)

-go home....few weeks later get a call on my cell phone from county jail.

-"yo caligula whats up"

-"not much man, you locked up?"

-"yeah....blah blah blah"

-a few more months later i get a call

-"yo caligula im moving to the midwest, bye"

-"bye man"

never heard from him since.

the end

Very Detailed Story. How long ago was it?

• 2 weeks later...

He probably wants to meet you.

I used to write "Sup [REDACTED]?" Next to his tags in bathrooms and dumpsters n' shit. Not for 14 years, but about 3 or 4 months. Eventually met him in a graff shop while talking to some people about what they write. Dude was like "AYY! You're that motherfucker! Sup man?" Then we went out a couple times together, he got arrested over some stupid drugs shit, and I haven't spoken to him since.

My first course of action is to usually ask 12ozprophet.com/forum, it has to be the /forum. My second course of action is to usually let it get to me, and third course of action, the biggest course, is to move on, it is just graffiti. If there is a fourth course of action, its usually lighter, a "dessert" course, which is usually unrelated, like watching Magnum PI or something.

I would never do that....comes off as dick riding.

....and for 3 or 4 months though?!

I didn't really know any writers at the time, he wasn't all-city or anything. Kinda on my same skill level I guess, maybe a bit better. I was trying to find people to go fuck shit up with and honestly, I couldn't think of a better option at the time. Thinking back on it it was a little cringy, but I don't regret it.