MODEL TRAINS

FLESHEATER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's a very detailed model.

I was going to try a conversion build using an Athearn 57' mech reefer but the 64' Trinity is taller and has a different roof line.

I still have the Auto Parts box bodies you sent me a while ago. I might try a CT CRYX reefer conversion build with those

• 7 months later...

th_draisineKrasnajaZvezda_boxart_zps28bfea3c.jpg.abce831020891297fac517c263a80ee9.jpg

I started on the Draisine. While building the trucks I decided to make it HO track compatible so I could run it on a layout if I wanted to in the future. Having option are good

I have a track cleaner car that would fit this function perfectly. The following images are of this conversion

th_Draisine_HOConvr_27_zpse553dda3.jpg.83f8f5584a285005f05cd7ad29e9bead.jpg

th_Draisine_HOConvr_28_zpsa4c577b3.jpg.245ed9a3f2f2fa81ad3feff99e7bbf1b.jpg

th_Draisine_HOConvr_43_zpsb6a891a9.jpg.612eea64f0a9b7dd59072e5bdc150796.jpg

th_Draisine_HOConvr_53_zpscb0af626.jpg.f7c955aef6a9eda6fc0b99bcfc9816ff.jpg

th_Draisine_HOConvr_50_zps3a867489.jpg.608ddfb938d4580b6aa3c2e587b1655a.jpg

th_Draisine_HOConvr_46_zps387b639c.jpg.15efc236cd1b0e4ca9ca3f5c835e7f86.jpg

th_Draisine_HOConvr_48_zps3731a49b.jpg.3dab77d0d8282cb73069d576e2916b5a.jpg

As you can see, it matches my other HO rolling stock. In this case a Bi Level Autorack

did these a couple years ago free hand. Turned out ok. I recently did an ich one on another autorack, but not liking how hte white laid down. The colors on the model blead through and its just doesn't look good. I may sand it down and use an airbrush.

IMG00293-20110709-2113.jpg

IMG00291-20110709-1823.jpg

There's so many cars out there that I just think are incredible that I want to do, just no time.

20141014_161126.jpg

• Like 1

Nice collection of autoracks. Do you use paint markers only or sable also?

If you re-paint that tri-level ICH, I would suggest not sanding. This would destroy the car side paint and graphics as well.

What about if you mask around your original ICH and then spray with your airbrush.

This way you'll get the solid fill you want and preserve the original model car sides

Nice collection of autoracks. Do you use paint markers only or sable also?

If you re-paint that tri-level ICH, I would suggest not sanding. This would destroy the car side paint and graphics as well.

What about if you mask around your original ICH and then spray with your airbrush.

This way you'll get the solid fill you want and preserve the original model car sides

Marker only. I dont know what im going to do with the ICH. I hear what you mean about sanding. I guess it would be easier to mask it off and hit with a lite coat of white primer than paint it white or hell any other color for that matter.

I would like to try brush, but dont really have much paint to use. Would those small bottles of acryllic you can buy at michaels or ac moore be good enough?

• 2 weeks later...
Marker only. I dont know what im going to do with the ICH. I hear what you mean about sanding. I guess it would be easier to mask it off and hit with a lite coat of white primer than paint it white or hell any other color for that matter.

I would like to try brush, but dont really have much paint to use. Would those small bottles of acryllic you can buy at michaels or ac moore be good enough?

What brand acrylic paint are you referring to? Most have different 'vehicles', reducers, and brush cleaners. Different brands react differently with each reducer.

Cole Only, has been successful with his mask-spray technique in G-Scale. Here: P-Nut Tracy 168

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

When I think about it it's kinda a pain in the ass but I measure how big I want the piece, draw the outline on paper cause it's easier to draw on that then the surface of the model then I transfer it using graphite paper. I prime everything with white then mainly use paint markers to do the rest. If I don't have a color I want with the markers I'll use acrylics and make some color by mixing it. Fun!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...