gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Meh, it was going to happen here soon anyway, moving and all, but my asshat of a boss found out I was planning on leaving and "laid me off" I was going to wait up till the last day the go Jerry Maguire on him make a huge scene and quit.

Anyway, to keep the thread moving...

Recent acquisition...

0ceLYdt.thumb.jpg.5ac05e461f1de9066f96c7dab424dd32.jpg

Colt model 80, the wife shot one that belongs to a friend at the range and went out and got her one the next day. For what she spent, she could have got more gun, but hey it's her money and it's what she wanted.

• 1 month later...

I'd encourage you to go the .40 route. The Glock 23 is a great compact, but if you want the sub c the glock 27 is a good choice.

Glock isn't for everyone. I'm a fan, I like how they fit MY hand and i find their weight and recoil to be very controllable and natural.

Sub compacts certainly have their place, however, I'll trade up a size to compact for more weight, capacity, and control. The ~1/2 inch of barrel makes a big difference.

If your primary intent is home defense I'd look into home defense rounds--don't need a regular round travelling through a neighbor's home before finding a nice place to rest.

If money isn't an issue buy a Kimber.

• Like 1

Find a range in your area that has a variety of guns to rent. I know of a few ranges throughout the US that have "rent the case" days where you can try several different guns. I believe you can adapt to any gun and learn to make it work, however, if it immediately feels uncomfortable (pistols specifically) you probably won't grow to love it.

• 4 weeks later...

mp9-thumb.jpg.affe50285486879168c6bb2ea2dfb809.jpg

Had little time to make a decision and went with this in the end. Friends were either disappointed or fully approved, guess you love it or hate it. Nice fit, works sweet. Ready to go out and lay down some more $ to get something else to shoot too. Glad to see the Colts getting posted in here. Did peep some Kimbers in the store, looks nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...