post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

Love me some bacon wrapped asparagus! Looks good porcelain! I feel I cook with the same ingredients all the time. Maybe Im stuck in a comfort zone. Or maybe its that I still lack the kitchen, I swear to the ontz, this week I will be under the house to get the stove top in working order! I really need to step up my game with some different ingredients but Im so limited in what the stores around me have. I need to just go to the giant market in Dekalb GA where from what Ive heard there is EVERYTHING from EVERYWHERE. Probably use up all my data on my phone going "google wtf is this" and "will this go with this."

Next up will be me hassling my friend to give me one of his sous vide systems that he makes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you plan on wrapping the spears, i used

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup butter

2tbs soy sauce

1tsp garlic salt

pinch of pepper.

Melt everything together in a sauce pan then pour over the spears

bake covered with foil for 25-30 minutes.

uncover then bake 5 more mins

1507547_643013522400975_844348659_n.jpg

Pan roasted halibut, fingerling and arugula hash, asparagus, caramelized fennel puree, red cress. Sold out in the first hour or so into service!

1619461_643783555657305_313946519_n.jpg

Pan roasted cod, soubise mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, hedge hog mushrooms and radicchio, sea beans, herb oil.

So today I was skimming through ads on craigslist and noticed that a place I have been wanting to work at was hiring. I sent my resume to them and got a reply back from the Chef de cuisine in less than 6 hours. Got an interview on Thursday! I am beyond stoked. The chef has a James Beard award (best chef northwest) and, has multiple nominees! This could be my break into making a name for myself in the northwest. SO SO SO FUCKING STOKED!

• Like 3

You know IR I might have to ask you for a cutting of that cane! Ill send you all the fig cuttings you want! You could probably get some muscadine to grow where youre at as well.

I relocated my green house this past month to a more full light area. Its last location was ok, but didnt have enough sun light to stay warm during the cold. So yeah cant get any brighter than that.

img_1515.jpg?w=870&h=653

dug the hole to put my sump tank in the ground for my Aquaponics set up. Hopefully will be up and running next week! Get at me with a PM if youre still up for some fig cuttings.

img_1518.jpg?w=870&h=653

ooh thats nice.

I commend you for investing time, money and efforts in order to recreating a subtropical environment for the winter season. talking about living the life!!

i think a dwarf orinoco would do well in that greenhouse.

I got all the cutting you need, this is just 1 small m. PM sent

cmUJCX2.jpg

peep the new suckers

ERPXqqM.jpg

So I picked up a grip of blood oranges to make some Vin D'Orange. Got that infusing for the next two weeks or so.

ah1d.jpg

Then I got this bone in pork chop from a regular at my restaurant. Dude just felt like bring me, my bosses, and another co-worker of mine some good chops. A lot I would do differently, but you know my situation and that has me rushing with food. So anyways. Bone in chop seared and topped off with some "marmalade" blood orange slices along with a nice sweet sauce. Baked butternut squash with pancetta and sage. Endive blood orange salad with goat cheese, walnuts, pancetta crumble, and a blood orange vinaigrette. I started to make a gastrique but I didnt like its flavor. I think I went past carmel and flew into burnt sugar. I decided to use a camp propane burner instead of the electric bull crap and just had it tooo hot.

rbpq.jpg

• Like 1

Kinda a failure but still tasted good. I mixed the mac too early and the Manchego cooled just enough to loose the sauciness. I brought in the propane gas camp stove to get a better sear on the steak and forgot to turn the flame down and burnt one side. For some reason my mushrooms and red wine didnt sauce well like last time. I must of followed the wrong recipes or something. Still it was tasty.

Chili Coffee rubbed Steak. Manchego Mac n Cheese. Red wine mushrooms. Pan roasted corn. Baked Asparagus.

cfbf.jpg