first roller

jester070993

planing on doing my first roller soon, just getting supplies together but never done one before so i was just wondering does anyone have any tips or recommendations? also not sure on how much paint to get... im not doin a huge one, so i was thinking maybe a gallon of black and a gallon of white? what you guys think

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So its your first roller? They are simple to do all you need is a few gallons of bucket paint thinned with bleach and ammonia. You mix equal parts bleach and ammonia in a 5 gallon bucket. For each gallon of paint you are going to use you need to use 1/4 gallon of each. So stir those two together vigorously for 10-15 minutes to get them to mix properly then dump 3/4g gallons of paint into an empty paint bucket along with 1/4 gallons of mixture. Keep the buckets open as you are doing this. Once you have all your paint mixed with your thinning agent cover the buckets of paint and go to your chosen wall.

For the wall you are going to need some of the micro roller brushes and a mixing tray for the paint. Pour the paint into the mixing tray and use zig zag strokes to apply the paint to the wall. Don't use big brushes since they usually make your piece look like a toy has done it and it will be obvious to anyone who sees it. The secret is using the small brushes. Roll out your letters 5 or 6 times to make sure to get the proper thickness of paint.

Then you are done and can take a flick in the morning and enjoy your fame.

• Like 2

ok forsure thanks guys and but wait do you think 2 gallons of paint for the fill and one gallon for the outline would be fine? i dont plan on a huge roller, just a good size one, and also cant i just mix the paint with paint thinner? instead of ammonia. and btw i dont write jester ahah

ok forsure thanks guys and but wait do you think 2 gallons of paint for the fill and one gallon for the outline would be fine? i dont plan on a huge roller, just a good size one, and also cant i just mix the paint with paint thinner? instead of ammonia. and btw i dont write jester ahah

lols

you know they are fucking with you right?

do you even know what amonio and bleach would do if you mix them? lol

that post was 2 funny

dude just go home depot and get some of the gallons that ppl didnt buy or they messed up on

they are really cheap

or steal some

anyways

just get a lil tray

pour the fill paint do your letters

then just outline

depending on how fat you want the outline to be just use a normal roller if not a small one.

shadoobie

• Like 1

lols

that post was 2 funny

dude just go home depot and get some of the gallons that ppl didnt buy or they messed up on

they are really cheap

or steal some

anyways

just get a lil tray

then just outline

depending on how fat you want the outline to be just use a normal roller if not a small one.

shadoobie

party pooper oner up in here^^^^

lols

that post was 2 funny

they are really cheap

or steal some

anyways

just get a lil tray

then just outline

shadoobie

awwww booooo... i was hoping to read about this kid and see how famous he would be. LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...